Private tours

alabuddy

Do you like tasting new foods while learning history We went last year and enjoyed it.

We took a walking tour where the guide told us about the history of Puerto Rico while walking to the different tastings.

The point tour starts is about a 10 minute walk from the Carnival port and they have small groups of 10 or so people, but I believe that they also give private tours.

Their URL is http://www.sanjuanfoodtours.com/

I second the San Juan Food Tours. It was a very different tour. We did not tour the forts, which we had seen before, but our first stop was in a small shop, hidden inside a huge courtyard across from one of the forts. This is the type of place you wouldn't see on a regular tour. The food was great and the tour was memorable.

The Old San Juan area can be toured using the free hop-on/hop-off trolley that runs through the area. This tour would seem to meet your needs in historic sites and shopping opportunities.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/wp-post-images/trolley-map-big.jpg

In St Thomas, very reasonable island tours can be taken through several private operators. Two of the most popular operators, Godfrey's Tours, and Sunny Liston Island Tours will offer different tour configurations that allow you to spend your time doing what you enjoy. We've used both, and both are very good, and in my mind, reasonably priced.

The Old San Juan area can be toured using the free hop-on/hop-off trolley that runs through the area. This tour would seem to meet your needs in historic sites and shopping opportunities.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/wp-post-images/trolley-map-big.jpg

In St Thomas, very reasonable island tours can be taken through several private operators. Two of the most popular operators, Godfrey's Tours, and Sunny Liston Island Tours will offer different tour configurations that allow you to spend your time doing what you enjoy. We've used both, and both are very good, and in my mind, reasonably priced.

Our Sunny liston tour was terrible. He was blaring music the whole time and would not answer any questions or even turn down the music. We were by far the youngest people on the tour , mid 40s. The older people were not enjoying themselves by any means. He even got confrontational when a guest asked him if he was going to explain anything we were looking at. His response was im here to have a great time and party. Oh yeah did i mention that this was sunny liston jr himself as our driver. As we were leaving the vehicle at the dropoff point we could hear the music almost two blocks away. Fun times, fun times, lol

Our Sunny liston tour was terrible. He was blaring music the whole time and would not answer any questions or even turn down the music. We were by far the youngest people on the tour , mid 40s. The older people were not enjoying themselves by any means. He even got confrontational when a guest asked him if he was going to explain anything we were looking at. His response was im here to have a great time and party. Oh yeah did i mention that this was sunny liston jr himself as our driver. As we were leaving the vehicle at the dropoff point we could hear the music almost two blocks away. Fun times, fun times, lol

I agree with this writer and his tour missed the boat. He said there was a traffic jam on the island