Free select drinks package

Premium normally starts at the $49 mark.

Select was the $39.

Have the receipt for my select st $36 (including tips) and deluxe is now $64.9 (including tips ). Upgrade was $15 (that what I paid last cruise and was told at booking it would be again for next cruise) but emails from RCCL say it will now be $25-30 .

Edited by fragilek

Sailing on Freedom next April, also had the select package included and planned on upgrading as I dont drink wine or beer.

On my invoice it shows a price of £220pp for the select package then the deduction £220. I'm guessing they will use this a basis price then take that away what the new package price would be on our sailing.

I'm also on the Independence next month, I purchased the premium package yesterday as thoughts were prices were going to jump up 15pp per day, but the new deluxe showing on my planner today is only £3pp per day more so not much difference considering there is a lot more included, plus its cheaper than the original ultimate package

Have the receipt for my select st $36 (including tips) and deluxe is now $64.9 (including tips ). Upgrade was $15 (that what I paid last cruise and was told at booking it would be again for next cruise) but emails from RCCL say it will now be $25-30 .

Only going by what I've seen most recently.

On Allure (May 2016) I found diffrent prices between two menus/sheets

All do not include gratuities

Replenish: $19 and $22

Select: $39 and $42

Premium: $49 and $55

Ultimate: $59 and $62

No clue how the onboard upgrades are handled.

Added:

Not defending Royal..

Plus when dealing giving quotes on anything. Better to give a larger one and have it end up less. Versus a lower that ends up more.

Edited by chandom

Dear Sir Madam

I am booked on NOS departing Southampton in 28th October.

With my booking I received the select drinks package. I was told at the time of booking I could upgrade to the premium for 10-15 dollars. Now you have changed the drinks package it's looking more like 25-30 dollars.

Please can you advise of our options.

We have bought dollars and OBC to cover the upgrade at the quoted price at time of booking and to be asked to pay and additional cost I feel it totally unfair.

Sent to UK crown and Anchor

Any other email addresses greatly appreciated.

Just been back and checked my invoice, which shows £385.00 for our select package next August. Thought Id try sticking the new drinks package in my basket to see what it costs, and its a whopping £585.00 So as things stand £200 per person to upgrade for 14 nights...OH can drink mainly wine end off and Ill stick to beer.....aint paying stupid money for a few vodkas.....and then they wonder why people smuggle drinks onboard and share packages ???

We will pay as we go for the extra, but given we booked this ship/cruise after being told the upgrade would be approx £10 per day they can jog on....and theyll be getting a lovely email shortly, not that they care...

Ok I have sent my email too...Sent it to customer service, crown and anchor and cc`d Mr Bayley.

Told them I dont think its fair and stop being such cheap skates :) We have paid the same adult price for our 2 children as we have 2 cabins, and of course they will only get soda, so RCCL are already quids in on the deal without bumping it up even more.

Shant hold my breath for a response.

Also out of interest Ive just tried booking my cabins (well adjacent ones) to see what they would cost today.....

Its an extra £315.00 per cabin, (£630.00 in total).So surely the total extra cost to upgrade should be a maximum of £157.50 per person ???? however working on $25 dollars per person we are seeing estimated that comes in at £260.00 per person...

I shall be keeping this figures for future reference :)

I got a reply from mbayley@rcl.coms saying

We are in receipt of your e-mail to the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your e-mail has been directed to my attention, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on Mr. Bayley's behalf.

Your concerns are currently being reviewed, and you will be contacted within the next few days for assistance.

Edited by fragilek

We are in receipt of your e-mail to the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your e-mail has been directed to my attention, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on Mr. Bayley's behalf.

Your concerns are currently being reviewed, and you will be contacted within the next few days for assistance.

I asked for a read receipt from Mr Bayley, which came a few hours ago, no official response though !

Guess they must be thinking about it now theyve had a t least a few emails on the same subject

I had the same exact reply to a complaint I put in last week, that reply came Thursday and still nothing.....

I think the more people that email to voice their concerns, the better.

I have requested that they consider either upgrading the Select package to a Deluxe free (altho requested tongue in cheek) or decide on a fair and reasonable compromise figure to upgrade at between $12 to $15 per person per day including gratuities for everyone on every ship :)

I'll let you know if I get a response, which i am sure I will, but just maybe not one I / we will like :roll eyes:

Jean

I too sent this email to the 3 email addresses posted

Dear Sir Madam

I am booked on the *Independence of the Seas on Caribbean Transatlantic.

We booked this cruise after considering all the expenses and to get the free select package with the option to upgrade mine was what helped us to make the decision to book.

With my booking I received the select drinks package. I was told at the time of booking I could upgrade to the premium for 10-15 dollars. Now you have changed the drinks package it's looking more like 25-30 dollars.

Please can you advise of our options.

We feel that as we were quoted *a price at time of booking that to be asked to pay an additional cost is totally unfair.

Hopefully they might listen to our concerns.

I just looked at my invoice and the select package is £410 for 15 nt Caribbean transatlantic.

Anyone know how much I will have to pay in £ for the upgrade now. I can't see the prices on my cruise planner but going by the $ price's quoted it looks like £339.

I just looked at my invoice and the select package is £410 for 15 nt Caribbean transatlantic.

Anyone know how much I will have to pay in £ for the upgrade now. I can't see the prices on my cruise planner but going by the $ price's quoted it looks like £339.

If you are asking about an upgrade onboard, no one knows for sure yet as no reports have been received from cruisers. However, it was mentioned earlier that RC estimated $25 to $30 per day to upgrade.

I only spotted the threads about drinks yesterday as I have been concentrating on the 'ports of call section'. I am gutted as we decided on doing a b2b on Vision of the seas instead of another cruiseline after taking into account itinery and what was included. one of the factors was the select package being included and being told I could upgrade to the premium on board. Its okay for hubby, he drinks cider and Guinness and rarely touches spirits but I cant abide beer. It is unfair when we haven't been able to upgrade before we go on board due to rccl rules. Its a big difference to upgrade to those new packages and on a port intensive cruise it would be a total waste of money.

we only booked these two cruises a couple of weeks ago and rccl would have been well aware they were introducing new packages on 6th September so surely TA's should have been made aware too.

I have sent an email and will wait and see what response comes back.

I only spotted the threads about drinks yesterday as I have been concentrating on the 'ports of call section'. I am gutted as we decided on doing a b2b on Vision of the seas instead of another cruiseline after taking into account itinery and what was included. one of the factors was the select package being included and being told I could upgrade to the premium on board. Its okay for hubby, he drinks cider and Guinness and rarely touches spirits but I cant abide beer. It is unfair when we haven't been able to upgrade before we go on board due to rccl rules. Its a big difference to upgrade to those new packages and on a port intensive cruise it would be a total waste of money.

we only booked these two cruises a couple of weeks ago and rccl would have been well aware they were introducing new packages on 6th September so surely TA's should have been made aware too.

I have sent an email and will wait and see what response comes back.

the advert stating that the select could be upgraded to the premium on board was still on their booking page on the 5th sept - false advertising in a big way as the press release with the FQA sheet had already been released.

Hopefully with all the emails they will see sense but I'm not holding my breath. I started a thread looking at other drinks on the select package - breezers, smirnoff ice etc as I have no intention of paying the $25-30 extra when last week on the jewel upgrade was confirmed on here as $10. I am cruising soon so will expand/confirm the list when I get back.

the advert stating that the select could be upgraded to the premium on board was still on their booking page on the 5th sept - false advertising in a big way as the press release with the FQA sheet had already been released.

Hopefully with all the emails they will see sense but I'm not holding my breath. I started a thread looking at other drinks on the select package - breezers, smirnoff ice etc as I have no intention of paying the $25-30 extra when last week on the jewel upgrade was confirmed on here as $10. I am cruising soon so will expand/confirm the list when I get back.

Hi, having had a select package before, I think you will find that it only covers beer, wine and soda...no breezes, smirnoff ice or similar.

:o

Hi, having had a select package before, I think you will find that it only covers beer, wine and soda...no breezes, smirnoff ice or similar.

:o

I had it before and got smirnoff ice no problem so do most people who have commented on here about it - they get smirnoff, breezers (if on board), hard lemonade and any ciders. Some have even said they got caribbean twist too. I will report when I get back

Not heard anything back as yet, but just asked my TA for a copy of the RCCL invoice for my childrens cabin.

Their free drinks is listed as the "soda package" at a cost of £200, doesnt mention which, so if they end up with just a basic soda package , which you can buy at £8 per day), everyone best stand well clear of guest relations, as I will be going mental !!!

Adds even more weight to my argument about udgrading select I think, when our package costs £385.00 and the kids £200.00 yet we have paid the same cruise price per person...

Has anyone else asked RCCL what drinks packages the kids will now get included ??

I'm sure we are a small number of people who know about this. There will be people who don't come on here and will face the same problem when they have their cruise.

So to spread the word and hopefully get royal to sort out the mess they have made I suggest on this Friday we all post on all of their social media sites.

This would mean other people see it and also complain and also royal will also see how many people this has affected.

As we are all in different time zones this means it will be constantly at the top of their pages hopefully for a full 24 hrs.

We also have the select package included in our fare price and intended upgrading to the premium once on board (as it's impossible to upgrade before boarding).

Have e-mailed asking for an indication of the upgrade price but no reply as yet. Will share on here if I get a reply with a price.

:confused:

We also have the select package included in our fare price and intended upgrading to the premium once on board (as it's impossible to upgrade before boarding).

Have e-mailed asking for an indication of the upgrade price but no reply as yet. Will share on here if I get a reply with a price.

:confused:

I have had an email back from customer services stating we must now pay the new prices and the cost will be $25-$30 per day. I have since complained to both customer services. now waiting to hear back from Mike Bayley and crown and anchor