Where to find information on cabin categories?

hiccups

As I posted earlier, we're considering doing the 2017 British Open cruise on Journey. We're looking at the oceanview categories, and from what I've gleaned from searching the forum, it seems category 8 cabins have an obstructed view, and possibly are smaller than other oceanview cabins? Is the only way to discern which cabin is in which category by trying to match the cabin colors on the deck plans on the Azamara website?

Any recommendations for which categories to consider for oceanview and balcony are appreciated!

:) Personally, from info from other CC members and my TA -- balcony cabins are much smaller than compared to other cruise lines. You can find the sq. ft. on the website/cabin info but it's not easy to find. The V3 (first booking) are 175 sq. ft. with the balcony at 40 sq. ft. As my DH travels with a small scooter -- and looking at the layout of the room -- not enough space to get past the foot of the bed and it's only 18 in. wide! Would have to take scooter apart and lift over the foot of bed every time we were in there --- so NOT going there! :( So had to upgrade to a Club Continental suite which is 100 sq. ft. larger (didn't appreciate spending a LOT more $$ but don't want to listen to DH complain for 17 days !!):mad: If you have cruised with HAL, Celebrity and RCCL -- you have less room to live in ~~~ for a LOT more money. JMO.

Edited by Hamburg Avon Lady
More info

The accessible cabins have tons of extra room around the bed. There are both deck 4, OV and deck 6, I believe, balcony

I noticed that. The oceanview cabins on deck 4 are available, but the TA said that if you aren't handicapped, Azamara can boot you out of them and then you get stuck wherever they want to put you.

I noticed that. The oceanview cabins on deck 4 are available, but the TA said that if you aren't handicapped, Azamara can boot you out of them and then you get stuck wherever they want to put you.

If neither of you is disabled, why are we even discussing a disabled stateroom? Unless there's an issue with a scooter or wheelchair like hamburg described, there's no reason a standard oceanview on deck 4 won't be perfectly satisfactory.

And you'll have a much more satisfying cruise than you would on RCCL, Celebrity, or HAL.:rolleyes:

And you'll have a much more satisfying cruise than you would on RCCL, Celebrity, or HAL.:rolleyes:

Well, we'll find out, I booked the 2017 British Open cruise tonight--my DH's dream vacation. We were happy with our Oceania cruise so we'll see how Azamara compares. I'm happy we'll get the benefit of LCV membership from our RCCL points.

Well, we'll find out, I booked the 2017 British Open cruise tonight--my DH's dream vacation. We were happy with our Oceania cruise so we'll see how Azamara compares. I'm happy we'll get the benefit of LCV membership from our RCCL points.

We were on the 2015 Open cruise, but not in the Perry group. We did, however, get to know a couple who were, and they couldn't have been more pleased.

Be ready for links weather, though. One course (Old Head?) in Ireland was underwater so golf for half the group was canceled that day. Attending The Open at St. Andrews was a special treat. DH will love it all.

Yes but the extra money you pay also pays for your drinks, tips and the Azamazing evening. In my experience the food on Azamara is way better than on HAL, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, that's correct --- however, those perks are available to everyone regardless of cabin catagory.

There are only 2 accessible cabins on the Quest and both were "sold and paid for" at the time I discovered the sq. footage of the original cabin.

Edited by Hamburg Avon Lady
additional info