Love the 3 for free!

Sea Hag

I'll go back and look again. Does the not combinable OBC mean no military or loyalty or shareholder OBC allowed.

We just rebooked on this promotion and our account still shows the military credit as well as the onboard sales credit along with this promo credit. We've always received the shareholder credit as well with any other promotion.

Just talked to a Princess service agent and was told that the OBC offered through the promotion is NOT combinable with any OBC offered through a travel agent. In other words, if the 3 FOR FREE promotion offers $200 for the cruise, and your agent offers $100, the Princess offer will be reduced by $100 to total the $200 OBC included on the promotion. I have been looking at an agency that offered $405 OBC with the just finished Sip and Sail promotion. They still offer the OBC for that same cruise, but do not include the 3 FOR FREE promotion on their website.

I just got off the phone with my agency and they tell me they are indeed participating in the 3 FOR FREE promotion even though it isn't listed on their website. She also told me that the Princess agent was wrong and that any OBC that her agency is offering is on top of the Princess OBC offered in the promotion. That's a big difference in OBC!

Now I just need to decide who to believe! :D

I just got off the phone with my agency and they tell me they are indeed participating in the 3 FOR FREE promotion even though it isn't listed on their website. She also told me that the Princess agent was wrong and that any OBC that her agency is offering is on top of the Princess OBC offered in the promotion. That's a big difference in OBC!

You should be able to get it all.. as the OBC your TA would give would not impact the OBC from the promo

Trying to figure out best option.

I am booked sip n sail

How much onboard credit to they give for balcony rooms?

How much are gratuities?

This is for 7 day cruise on the new Majestic.

I think price is $50 cheaper...seems might be better to switch....especially 2nd person in my 2nd room is a minor.

How much is beverage package to buy?

Thanks

Kerri

Which Majestic cruise are you on? We are on May 14th out of Barcelona!

So I did the math, the Sip and Sail is worth $790 (if my math is correct). The 3 for free, we would get $100 off our cruise - lower by $50 pp now, $150 in OBC, and $195 in prepaid tips for a total of about $450... so we are still at a net net of $340 by keeping the sip and sail. So since the minor in your room throws a wrench in my math... You would probably come out ahead if you went with the new package though...

:D Believe your TA.

You can call Princess multiple times and most likely get a different answer from each one.

Which Majestic cruise are you on? We are on May 14th out of Barcelona!

So I did the math, the Sip and Sail is worth $790 (if my math is correct). The 3 for free, we would get $100 off our cruise - lower by $50 pp now, $150 in OBC, and $195 in prepaid tips for a total of about $450... so we are still at a net net of $340 by keeping the sip and sail. So since the minor in your room throws a wrench in my math... You would probably come out ahead if you went with the new package though...

While the Sip and Sail package is "worth" $790 in your example, the real consideration is whether the total amount of drinks consumed will equal that amount. For us, we will always get the beverage package if it is free unless there is a better offer. But we never even come close to drinking that money's worth of drinks. For a cruise heavy with shore time, the value is diminished. The beverage package goes totally unused whenever we are ashore, so for those days it would be difficult to get the full value of the daily cost - do people actually have six $10 drinks between the time the get back on the ship and their bedtime? I certainly can't without feeling very hungover the next day!

We originally booked with the Sip and Sail. But now that the 3 FOR FREE is available, we'll be changing to that promo because for us we actually get a better deal dollar wise. And that is in total dollars that we can actually get full value on, unlike with the beverage package. Just the $200 OBC with the new promo will cover the cost of most of the drinks we may order.

Edited by sloopsailor

I booked a cruise on Tuesday with the current 3 for Free and the confirmation my TA received from Princess does not state that the deposit is non-refundable nor non-transferable. You can read the terms on the Princess website which also doesn't have those restrictions listed for the deposit.

Whenever those deposit restrictions are applicable it's always been clearly stated on my confirmation & on their website.

My OBC from my TA was only reduced slightly because the fare was reduced. Both OBC show on my booking through the TA website.

I would believe your TA

It's definitely worth comparing the Sip & Sail to the 3 for Free. Since we're not big alcohol drinkers, the 3 for Free was a much better choice. We saved a total of $476 changing to the 3 for Free (there's no way we'd drink $476 worth of drinks in a week.)

The category upgrade was of no use since we booked in the highest category for our cabin type already, but the extra OBC and lower cruise price made it really worth it. So, check it out for your own particular situation.

The category upgrade was of no use since we booked in the highest category for our cabin type already, but the extra OBC and lower cruise price made it really worth it. So, check it out for your own particular situation.

One of the cruises that I refared under 3 for free was for a cabin in the top of that category. When I refared, they reduced the price to the lowest cabin in that category, leaving me with less owing at final payment and still in the same cabin I originally booked.

HELP....we prepaid our gratuities in April. After learning about this promo, I clicked on the "cancel" buttons next to our names for the gratuities. Does anyone know if this action generates a refund to the credit card I paid the gratuities with? I wasn't sure if Princess would refund me the gratuities when I call about the promo, so I thought I should cancel the payment first, but now I'm wondering if I handled this right. Can you anyone offer my advice on this?

Edited by roomba920

I'm not an expert but I would think you'd have to call Princess because this is a new sale. Just deleting pre paid grats won't automaticly give you the free grats. You might have to cancel the cruise and rebook, but i wouldn't do this online.

I booked a cruise on Tuesday with the current 3 for Free and the confirmation my TA received from Princess does not state that the deposit is non-refundable nor non-transferable. You can read the terms on the Princess website which also doesn't have those restrictions listed for the deposit.

Whenever those deposit restrictions are applicable it's always been clearly stated on my confirmation & on their website.

The deposit for this promotion is refundable. My travel agent asked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The deposit for this promotion is refundable. My travel agent asked.

Thanks...my TA called Princess to confirm all of the details before booking this new promotion & the Princess agent read the terms & conditions including that the deposit is refundable.

I always intended to call Princess about the promotion. I just wanted to first cancel my payment of gratuities.

Anyways, YES clicking the cancel button does generate a credit back to your credit card, and YES, I called Princess and they waived the gratuities and gave us the promo on board credit as well as a credit on our upgraded cabin. :) Happy Cruiser!

Very disappointed with Princess with regard to this promotion.

We are doing a B2B to Alaska. There were lots of cabins available in all categories for the first leg; however, when we tried to get the same cabin for the second leg we were informed that the only cabins available for the second leg were mid ship and that they were not covered in the cabin upgrade. Bottom line is we were not able to get a cabin upgrade had to pay a higher price for both legs to get the same cabin.

If that was enough, although all the prices on the Canadian web site are in Canadian dollars the $100 deposit turned out to be $130 Canadian.