Post Cruise Hotel Stay

dizkid

Looking for suggestions for a 1 night post cruise stay. I understand we'll have to take a taxi from the port as no hotels (that I know of) will pick up at the port.

It's for Feburary 2017, so I know the rates will be higher. We're staying pre cruise at the La Qunita Airport. We may just stay there again.

Looking for a rate that won't break the bank! :D

I forgot to mention - Miami Port.

Edited by dizkid

Budget? Date? :confused: Both would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

I would prefer to stay somewhere fun instead of the airport area - search Miami Beach (especially South Beach). Depending upon how early your flight home the next day is you could use the Airport Flyer bus to get to MIA instead of a cab and apply the savings to your hotel bill.

Coconut Grove is another fun area of Miami away from the port.

Budget? Date? :confused: Both would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.

I would prefer to stay somewhere fun instead of the airport area - search Miami Beach (especially South Beach). Depending upon how early your flight home the next day is you could use the Airport Flyer bus to get to MIA instead of a cab and apply the savings to your hotel bill.

Thanks. I realized after I posted that I didn't give much info.

We will have 5 adults and 3 kids, so 2 rooms. All on a budget (well they are). No more than $125 I would think. We're going on the Carnival Splendor and will need a room March 5th (a Sunday night).

Save

We will have 5 adults and 3 kids, so 2 rooms. All on a budget (well they are). No more than $125 I would think. We're going on the Carnival Splendor and will need a room March 5th (a Sunday night).

Save

If you got pre-cruise lodging for that price, that is where I would start looking for post-cruise lodging. Otherwise you will probably need to adjust that budget. March is the height of the high season with lots of folks traveling on spring break.

This! The airport that time of year isn't really going to be any cheaper when you add in cabs. Plus, it is a really bad area.

Save

You need to up your budget to $150 per night. Otherwise you will be staying at a pretty bad place in a worse location.

I would suggest hotwire for the following areas: Miami Beach, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, downtown, Brickell.

Miami is not a place to be cheap during peak season. It could be dangerous.

Edited by BlueHerons

If you got pre-cruise lodging for that price, that is where I would start looking for post-cruise lodging. Otherwise you will probably need to adjust that budget. March is the height of the high season with lots of folks traveling on spring break.

Good idea. Thanks.