Zenith on 12/3 and I have a few questions

Barry ATL

My partner and I are booked on the 12/3 sailing of the Zenith and I have a couple of questions about the Zenith.

1. I seem to remember somewhere something about dry cleaning/pressing service on the Zenith. I have read so much on CC that it is starting ot become a blur. :) Anyways, we have never had our formal shirts make through packing/unpacking without rinkles. Will we be able to get things pressed on the Zenith in time for the formal night?

2. I assume a tux is what the majority will be wearing on formal night. What about the other nights? Also, I saw it mentioned that on formal night the dress code was for all public areas after 6PM until... I am usually over the tux after about three hours.

3. Afternoon tea: On Princess, the afternoon tea was a white glove high tea that was open to everyone. How about Celebrity? I seem to remember reading that the high tea is only open to suites?? And something about there being two teas with one being more casual and the other being formal. We love high tea, but must have an accessible cabin and there are only four of them on Zenith. None of the four are CC or suites. So, bottom line, is there a way for us to get invited to the high (elegant) tea? :)

While I have no answers for you today, I will be sailing on Zenith on Saturday 11/5/05 and will be posting when I return. I'm keeping a log of all questions I've seen on CC and will be taking notes on all the improvements done during the drydock.

Will add your two questions to the list and advise when we return! :)

Luckyroot, thanks so much for being our eyes and ears. Being the first on after the re-fit can be a curse or a blessing.... either everything will be perfect and new or there will be a lot of little things that have not been worked out yet.

I look forward to hearing your report. Good luck and enjoy!

Barry

Hi Ruth, have a wonderful time on Zenith:)

Barry, give your shirts to your cabin attendant the evening you arrive

and you should have them back the next day. And you can pay extra

to guaranty they are back the next day. I did that with a dress on my

last cruise. I think it was 1.50 extra for the guaranty. It was worth it.

I stay dressed in whatever I am wearing to dinner. I do know people

change clothes but I prefer to stay in my dinner clothes. It took me

awhile to dress, I might as well keep everything on for the night;)

The TEAS.......Celebrity offers more than one. There is an Elegant

Tea in the Dining Room.....open to any of the pax. It will be in your

daily (the day) and yes it is at 4:00pm. It is quite nice (in my opinion).

There is also a Tea by Invitation Only....for Select and Elite Members.

I have been to both and enjoyed myself both times.

Hope this helps you a bit:)

Louis, thanks for the great info. Question... any difference between the public tea and invataion only tea? Just curious as to what I am missing. :)

On the clothes, we try so hard to have things make it through the luggage without wrinkles, but it never seems to work. I have never had a tux that did not need pressing when I got to my destination. I guess I need some flight attendant training on how to pack!

Barry, hi, its Lois;) ( you spelled it Louis...that would be a guy) LOL

The teas......the dress code is usually informal......or casual but

they do request no shorts. For both teas actually. I wore a pants

outfit. Some gals wore dresses and some of the men wore jackets...

others wore golf shirts with "dockers" or docker style slacks.

As for the differences in the teas.......well, when I sailed Century the

invite was held in the Crystal Room......while the Regular Tea

was in the Main Dining Room.

On Summit, I didn't attend the Regular One but I did attend the

one I received an invitation to.....it was held in the Main Dining Room.

So it might be done differently on each ship.

I enjoyed all of them though:)

While I have no answers for you today, I will be sailing on Zenith on Saturday 11/5/05 and will be posting when I return. I'm keeping a log of all questions I've seen on CC and will be taking notes on all the improvements done during the drydock.

Will add your two questions to the list and advise when we return! :)

Luckyroot,

When did the Zenith go into drydock. I mst have missed that one.

My partner and I are booked on the 12/3 sailing of the Zenith and I have a couple of questions about the Zenith.

1. I seem to remember somewhere something about dry cleaning/pressing service on the Zenith. I have read so much on CC that it is starting ot become a blur. :) Anyways, we have never had our formal shirts make through packing/unpacking without rinkles. Will we be able to get things pressed on the Zenith in time for the formal night?

2. I assume a tux is what the majority will be wearing on formal night. What about the other nights? Also, I saw it mentioned that on formal night the dress code was for all public areas after 6PM until... I am usually over the tux after about three hours.

3. Afternoon tea: On Princess, the afternoon tea was a white glove high tea that was open to everyone. How about Celebrity? I seem to remember reading that the high tea is only open to suites?? And something about there being two teas with one being more casual and the other being formal. We love high tea, but must have an accessible cabin and there are only four of them on Zenith. None of the four are CC or suites. So, bottom line, is there a way for us to get invited to the high (elegant) tea? :)

Barry:

Below is a link to the web site on Laundry services with prices.

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000yDHzmts_U8WrxA-7g6dZrAm:1028etmk3;jsessionid=0000_Sc9FXjRyjo9ZI0rEZ5-G7a:1028etmk3?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Thanks for the linke dkjretired. I brought up the laundry issue because somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember reading that there is something different about the Zenith and laundry services. Maybe it is they do not have self service. I may have confused it with something else. I read the Celebrity Secrits thread in one 2.5 hour sitting so there is a lot of stuff rolling around up there. :)

Thanks for the link!

Barry,

Where we live, dry cleaning is expensive. I don't have my husbands suits cleaned before we cruise, I just pack any old way, don't have to worry about wrinkles. When we unpack unboard I give the articles to the cabin attendant and have everything cleaned and pressed for less money than it would cost me at home and I don't have to worry about wrinkles.

We tried the high tea once, never again! We were one of the first to arrive and waited 20 minutes for tea and never got the little sandwiches or pastries. Other tables around all got served. When we left we mentioned this to the head waitor, He told us "they got more people than they expected and ran out of food!" I much prefer going up to the cafe for the informal tea every day at 4.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you like Zenith. We sail her in Jan.

Thanks rucruisn2 (like the username). You make a good point. The difference between cleaning and pressing is not much. Just pack it all and let the ship worry about it. That means no more garmet bag!

Running out of delicate little pastries and sandwiches at tea is a host/hostess' nightmare. Celebrity should have been ashamed. They could have at least run down some substitute deserts or something.

You are first to mention the casual tea at the cafe and I have seen it mentioned somewhere on the Celebrity site. Any details?

Barry,

Every day, at 4pm, they serve little sandwiches and pastries with tea and coffee where the buffet is. It is really wonderful. And that is our whole point with the high tea, if they ran out of food, just bring some done from the buffet! How stupid! I had always wanted to try the high tea and finally got my husband to go with me, now there is no way he'll go again! Not that I thought it was anything special. I noticed the posts about the invitation only tea, and would like details about what they serve there. We are select member.

On Infinity once I went to high tea in the main dinning room, although it was very nice I thought it strange that the pastries were served before the tea sandwiches. Next time I'll wait for the sandwiches before I sample the pastries.

Is this the same BarryATL that frequents wirelessadvisor.com/hofo? If so, have fun! I'll be on the ship later in the month, definitely let me know how the trip goes. Send me a PM or something. The internet is a small world too it seems.

If not....well have fun anyway haha.

Is this the same BarryATL that frequents wirelessadvisor.com/hofo? If so, have fun! I'll be on the ship later in the month, definitely let me know how the trip goes. Send me a PM or something. The internet is a small world too it seems.

If not....well have fun anyway haha.

This is the one and SAME nerd who frequents HowardForums.com (everything you ever wanted to know about cell phones and cell phone companies)... and yes, I am still looking for those Cingular Triplets. :D (inside joke).

I will drop a note later tonight.

I thought something exciting might be happening at drydock. Like an alternate diningroom...balconies...bigger Martini Bar. Linens???:eek: The carpet will work well though. We are booked in a CC class cabin.

Thanks for the info though RTT...I appreciate it.

We will be cruising on the Zenith 12/18/06 for Chrismas. We have cruised on her and the Horizon before. Love these size ships. I'm just wondering though if she will still be round for next fall. Or will she be put out to pasture like the Horizon.

SHEETS AND PILLOW CASES!!!!! Hope that didn't cost them to much. Must be spending all that money on the new 118,000 ton class ship. :mad:

Hello BarryATL,

Chip and I have in the past carried our shirts just to have the laundry press them. Especially on Celebrity, they do a wonderful job. The pleats are never wrinkled or out of place. Collars stand up straight and the cuff don’t have that unwanted crease where is doesn’t belong. We were on the Infinity for fourteen days last fall and used the laundry service several times.

Sorry can't get my signature to change.

John, thanks for the info.... I really like rucruisn2's idea: don't dry clean any formal wear before leaving home. No garmet bag, no trying to pack things neatly. Fold all of it and put in bag and be ready to hand it off to the cabin steward after boarding. The price difference between pressing and drycleaning is not that much and that saves LOTS of hassles.

I am all about reducing the number of bags I carry. Ken (my partner) is parapledgic so I end up handling all the big bags.... don't worry he does his part.. he usually stacks the two laptop cases and the carry on in his lap. Luckily, we usually have folks to carry bags, but sometimes I have to handle them and I really like making them as big and as few as possible... so, the dry cleaning option makes sense and I would have never thought of it myself. :)

By the way... our anniversary is 9/11 (yeah... isn't that a kick in the pants). On our Princess cruise last year, we had a 70yo couple and 90yo couple at our table. We talked about our anniversary and the 90yo couple had a cake ordered and brought us some little gifts on the first formal night. Heck, we were even one of the couples in on board "Dating Game".... and won! :)

Archived