Love on a Carnival Cruise?

princesstiffany

I have had the worst luck cruising this year. First my friend cancelled on me last minute for a cruise out of Texas. Then I planned a cruise to make up for it starting a week and a half ago and my fiancé decided he found someone better a few days before the cruise. I went on the cruise anyway because I had never been to Alaska and thought "what the hell". I was pretty on guard with any jerks approaching me because I had just been dumped. Then this guy cruising with his whole family started talking to me. Granted I will probably never talk to them again, but it actually made me feel more alive. An Alaskan trip by yourself is pretty lonely so I know I am sounding ridiculous. But has anyone actually met anyone on a cruise that they kept in touch with?

I met what I now consider to be one of my best friends on a cruise in January!

We met at a beach bar in Nassau and happened to be on the same ship. We exchanged information and talked absolutely non-stop since! He was driving through on his way to Seattle and visited me in June. I flew to Seattle in July to visit him...and he flew here in August for my birthday.

I'm (not-so-secretly) slightly crazy about this guy. We just aren't ready for a long-distance thing, sadly. He is funny, kind, smart, optimistic, courageous....and lives 2000 miles away!

I like cruising solo and have made many friends doing so. Cruising is full of opportunity to meet new/interesting people.

Agree so much with this. I have met many cruise buddies through out the years and still keep up with them and when possible cruise with them multiple times.

I would not say love for me....but I met a life long friend. We were on a cruise out of Galveston. I live in Texas and he lives in AZ. After the cruise he kept inviting me to AZ and I would chicken out. He finally said I am booking you a flight and you are coming...lol. I went and we drove to Mexico and has the most amazing beach vacation. This was probably 6 years ago and a few months ago he came to Dallas to visit me.

I also met some female friends on my cruise last month that will be friends for life as well. We are planning another cruise in January.

My husband and I were both part of a singles Christian group that cruised 4 years ago. We didn't know each other, we were just part of the same group. We actually met on the dance floor of the Jekyl & Hyde nightclub on Carnival's Elation. There was an 80's dance party and we both evidentially like 80's music. There were little talking, mainly just dancing. The next night we met back there for a Michael Jackson's dance party. Our conversation led to the upper deck and after we got caught in a rain storm, we ended our night at about 3am talking by the lido deck buffet sitting area.

We met for breakfast the next day and then for dinner and a comedy show that night. We exchanged numbers before disembarking. I didn't think I'd hear from him again.

He waited 2 days to text me, but once he did, it's been on! :) We were married just 4 days short of 1 year of first meeting each other. My husbands groom cake was actually in the shape of a Carnival Cruise Ship. We honeymooned, and have taken an anniversary cruise each year since. Cruising is in our blood now.

Edited by imjacismom

My husband and I were both part of a singles Christian group that cruised 4 years ago. We didn't know each other, we were just part of the same group. We actually met on the dance floor of the Jekyl & Hyde nightclub on Carnival's Elation. There was an 80's dance party and we both evidentially like 80's music. There were little talking, mainly just dancing. The next night we met back there for a Michael Jackson's dance party. Our conversation led to the upper deck and after we got caught in a rain storm, we ended our night at about 3am talking by the lido deck buffet sitting area.

We met for breakfast the next day and then for dinner and a comedy show that night. We exchanged numbers before disembarking. I didn't think I'd hear from him again.

He waited 2 days to text me, but once he did, it's been on! :) We were married just 4 days short of 1 year of first meeting each other. My husbands groom cake was actually in the shape of a Carnival Cruise Ship. We honeymooned, and have taken an anniversary cruise each year since. Cruising is in our blood now.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

In 1983 I went on my first cruise on the brand new Carnivale Tropicale. Cruising was expensive, Love Boat was still on the air and I booked my cabin through Single World. My bff and I were put in a shared four person cabin on the Riviera Deck.....and we were happy.

I became friends with the roommate from Texas and went to visit her for the holidays.

Long story short, a year later I married the engineer she was the admininstrative assistant for......31+ years later, we're still married!

I have had the worst luck cruising this year. First my friend cancelled on me last minute for a cruise out of Texas. Then I planned a cruise to make up for it starting a week and a half ago and my fiancé decided he found someone better a few days before the cruise. I went on the cruise anyway because I had never been to Alaska and thought "what the hell". I was pretty on guard with any jerks approaching me because I had just been dumped. Then this guy cruising with his whole family started talking to me. Granted I will probably never talk to them again, but it actually made me feel more alive. An Alaskan trip by yourself is pretty lonely so I know I am sounding ridiculous. But has anyone actually met anyone on a cruise that they kept in touch with?

Every cruise going back 30 years. A lot easier with social media. And sometimes sad. I just found out by accident that the woman in a couple we met died 18 months ago.

I met my love one 14 years ago on carnival. And I was not look for anyone. And I did not want to get remarried. But this cruise was the best thing I ever did. When you are not looking you will find someone. What funny I was talking to a lady that was boarding the ship the same time I was boarding and she ask me what would happen if you meet someone on this cruise I told her I rather jump over board. And I was talking to other person and they ask me if I met someone special I told them I met a nice person but I do not want anything to do with them. This person told me to see were this takes you or forget about this person. I starting thinking about it so I took a chance. And I am with this person for14 years. I got a upgrade.

I love these stories!!! They are wonderful and for some reason I thought meeting a long term friend (or more) on a cruise was something that never happened.

And for Mr. Grumpy Pants, I posted on the Carnival board because I met the person I am looking for on a Carnival cruise. I had an e mail but haven't been able to find it in my unpacking endeavors.