eat moderately...

Georgia Lady1

Saw your post and had to comment.

Yes, following healthy habits is the key.

Start off with a safe breakfast,

Work out

Light lunch and do not go over board for dinner.

I have found the harder I work out, the more I think before I put un healthy snacks on my plate.

Good luck

Edited by Lionesss

Well I wonder how much is excess water weight? Just got back from a 12 day a week ago. Put on 7 pounds, within one week of two days on a cleanse then eating normally ( for me)and drinking Plenty of water I was at my pre-cruise weight.

Caution I did not go overboard but did enjoy myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the key to moderate eating is to watch those carbs, particularly at breakfast. Most people eat their breakfast at the buffet and the temptation to overdose on carbs is very great. Waffles, pancakes, potatoes and muffins are very appealing and few can resist them.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, am I allowed to boast that I actually lost weight on my recent 14 night cruise?

Well I am going to :D

I had a pre-cruise eating plan and I stuck to it.

I had minimal bread (total of one or two dinner rolls for the enitre cruise)

I had NO deserts

Portion Control ---- In the buffet - I never used one of those large oval plates, instead I used the smaller round plates only.

I filled half of the round plate with vegetables/salad, then only protein no larger than the size of my fist and carbs no larger than the size of my palm. And that was it - no more than one small round plate

If I felt hungry after that I went back for one of two pieces of fresh fruit.

In the MDR my first choice was fish, if there was a sauce I asked for it to be served on the side so I was controlling how much sauce I was having.

I found the MDR was good for portion control.

I remained active throughout the cruise, walking often, using the stairs where practicable etc. Participated in dancing and other onboard activities to keep moving.

I dropped 3 kg (sorry unsure what that is in pounds) and I never felt 'starved' or hungry at any time.

I don't know how common it is for people to lose weight on a cruise however I think if the cruise lines find out I may be banned LOL :p