Obstructed view - confusion

TheSeaDragon

Hi everyone,

We're booked on the Reflection this coming January and currently have cabin 1547 reserved.

This cabin is flagged as a partially obstructed view. I've studied many photos of this ship and for the life of me, I can't figure out what the obstruction is. If anything, the cabin above (2107) looks like it might be obstructed, but is not listed as such. I even phoned Celebrity but they weren't very helpful as they couldn't tell me exactly what the obstruction is.

I'm completely confused by this. Have a look at this photo. 1547 is partial obstructed but 2107 is not? I don't get it.

Can anyone who has been on this ship perhaps provide some insight?

Many thanks!

i-TnrRRW7.jpg

Edited by TheSeaDragon

A search of Cruise Critic posts indicated that there is window washing equipment parked there, triggering the obstructed view rating. Nobody seemed too bothered about it.

Yes, I looked at various posts, but it seems the Silhouette has window washing equipment there, but all the photos I've seen of the Reflection show nothing parked there.

I've read several posts in similar threads over time, and those that have stayed in that cabin report that you notice the window washing equipment, but it's not a concern at all. That's too nice a location to let it bother you.

Yes, I think it will be a great cabin. I'm just confused as to why it's considered obstructed view as the window washing equipment is nowhere near it.

The window washing equipment is movable. In the zoomed out photo you can see the window washing equipment is being parked aft. However, when they use it to wash the windows, your view could be obstructed, they could park it there in front of your balcony. I doubt it though, seems to me they always park them aft.

I am guessing that some entitled person who looks for every little thing to complain about stayed in this room, the equipment was there and they complained and demanded reimbursement, so now they label it as such to prevent that from happening.

Your view will not be obstructed. Enjoy

Well interesting indeed! I only thought deck 6 cabins were considered obstructed on Solstice class, and even then they are some of the best (as in minimal) obstructions afloat! I wonder if they refer to the deck overhang above or the pillars supporting it as an obstruction...but then again your cabin doesn't really seem to have either of those affecting it. You will have a nice deep balcony being on the forward hump!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to the S class spreadsheet and there are three comments on cabin 1547 on the Reflection. Copied them below.

Very nice. Celebrity calls it partially obstructed but looking aft was no problem.

Quiet "Slightly obstructed by window washing

equipment"

View good; window washing equipment was 4 doors down to left

I was in a partially obstructed cabin but did not know it until I got back home. The partially obstruction is instead of a 180 degree view you get a 160 degree view. The bump block your full view. I never had a problem with it.

Here you go, this is a picture of Silhouette but gives a good indication of when the window washing equipment is 'parked' near the forward hump cabins. A few other pics and info cns be found in this rather interesting thread of Solstice class ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=3

5cfdd63ed172997bed585a722ebc2335.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for your replies and help everyone.

I finally found a photo that shows the washer platform parked up front. Even still, our cabin is below the level of the washer platform. Its funny that the cabin above ours, which is on level with the platform, is not listed as obstructed. I think they have their data mixed up.

i-Td6XS5f.png

Anyway, I'm sure our cabin will be just fine. This will be only our second cruise. Our first was on the NCL Getaway back in 2014. I did a trip report here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031201

This Celebrity cruise will be for our 25th anniversary and being close to 50, we are looking for a ship that is more refined and less of a "party boat" which the Getaway was.

The Celebrity Reflection has much deeper balconies than the Getaway from what I've seen. We also looked at Princess, but their balconies are also quite shallow compared to Reflection.

Edited by TheSeaDragon

Anyway, I'm sure our cabin will be just fine. This will be only our second cruise. Our first was on the NCL Getaway back in 2014.

This Celebrity cruise will be for our 25th anniversary and being close to 50, we are looking for a ship that is more refined and less of a "party boat" which the Getaway was.

The Celebrity Reflection has much deeper balconies than the Getaway from what I've seen. We also looked at Princess, but their balconies are also quite shallow compared to Reflection.

Ahhh, you have made a wonderful choice then! Close to 30 years since our first cruise, and the Reflection is our favorite Ship. Tho we will be on the Equinox for the 3rd time next yr! :D

I finally found a photo that shows the washer platform parked up front. Even still, our cabin is below the level of the washer platform. Its funny that the cabin above ours, which is on level with the platform, is not listed as obstructed. I think they have their data mixed up.

i-Td6XS5f.png

Anyway, I'm sure our cabin will be just fine. This will be only our second cruise. Our first was on the NCL Getaway back in 2014. I did a trip report here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031201

I think that's so sweet. My TA on the Equinox was very refined. [emoji99]. But enjoy yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think it will be a great cabin. I'm just confused as to why it's considered obstructed view as the window washing equipment is nowhere near it.

I had 1549 on the Reflection transatlantic in 2012. The window washing equipment was just off to the side of my balcony, at the corner of the 1549 balcony, for the whole trip. I remember thinking that it didn't obstruct much of my view although it was in plain site, and there had to be a lot of 1549's view that was not obstructed either.