Concierge class lounge at Fort Lauderdale

dpluta

Is there such a thing? If there is what do you get?

I've never seen one, and I've sailed Concierge, Aqua Class, and Elite.

As far as what do you get, I think all you get is a shorter line for check in, and when the ship first opens up, the boarding is allowed in sections and those sections are based upon your "class", so you can call that "priority boarding"

We cruised out of FLL in an Aqua class and we got to the pier before they started processing passengers. We were first in line for the Suite/Aqua Class level. We then went to the second floor to a private area for Aqua class and above. When the ship started boarding, we were the first "new" passengers on board.

Yep -- at Port Everglades, even the "suite lounge" is just a few cheap couches -- only slightly more comfortable than the folding metal or plastic chairs. We had a very long wait to board Equinox there, a few years ago. No water, coffee, soda, or food (except in the vending machines). And, as the wait grew longer, the area became just as crowded and uncomfortable as any other part of the terminal. In fact, the last true "loyalty lounge" that I saw in a cruise terminal was at the Port of Los Angeles, back when RC's Monarch of the Seas was home-ported there. :(

We had far more of a problem getting off Equinox than we had embarking in FL. The passport control line was the longest ever, over 1.5hrs in the queue :eek:. Luckily, our transfer service had waited for us.

We had exactly the same experience. There were people waving their flight tickets trying to move to the front of the queue in serious danger of missing flights, children crying and a few elderly clearly distressed by the long, warm wait. Fortunately we were in no rush and allowed several families to go ahead of us although not everyone was as accommodating. I even heard one lady say loudly 'if you miss your flight it is your own fault' to a couple trying desperately to queue jump!

Re lounge area. We tend to cruise suites and usually it is a case of check in and straight on board. On one cruise we were invited into a 'lounge' area to wait a short while...uncomfortable seats and no refreshments. I also think it was for suite guests only.