Swapping cabins amongst family - confusion

smally

Hi, hoping someone can help clarify something for me. Our parents have an inside cabin booked, at a good price, with no drinks package included. They won't want or need a drinks package.

Our son and his partner have booked a window cabin, with a deluxe drinks package included in their cabin price - which is also a really good price and it wouldn't have made sense for them to book an inside based on the differential.

Our son would like our parents to have the window cabin, as they will really appreciate the window. They can't swap cabins on the reservation though, as the window cabin includes the drinks package which my parents won't use (and my son will).

What do we do when we board the ship to enable them to swap cabins? Do we just get an extra 2 keys for both cabins? They could all then use their original seapass cards for purchases/ exiting the ship etc. and use the spare keys to enter their (new) rooms. Would that work? Any problems with us doing this? Are the cabin stewards likely to be confused or unhappy? The cabins are just across the hall from one another, so we can just swap the luggage across, as this will obviously be delivered to the original room.

What do we do about the charges to their credit cards? I presume their charges will just go to the original cabins, and they'll need to swap statements in order to see how much they have spent. I'm getting myself confused thinking about this though!

Is there any way that we could do this swap without them all needing extra keys? I'm concerned that if we tell guest services that they want to swap rooms that our parents will end up with the drink package instead of our son!

Please help me get this straight in my mind!

Thanks so much

Go to Guest Services and request extra keys for the staterooms. Your charges are based on individual folio numbers and are not related to the stateroom. Final statements will go to the original staterooms, not a big deal.

Thanks, so the cabin steward won't be freaked that there are different people in the cabin? And they'll need 2 keys each - one seapass and one new key?

Nope, stateroom attendant won't be freaked, happens all the time. Just let them know what's going on.

With regard to the keys, I've read that some ships will re-key your SeaPass card and others give an extra key.

To avoid the extra key dilemma, just go to guest services after you board, and tell them you are switching room occupants. Your seapass is linked to YOU,...not your cabin. They will redo the sea passes for the proper cabins. They do NOT care who sleeps where. They've already got their money....they don't even care if you show up at all!!!