Concierge service for platinum members

CruisingMama13

Did you use the Concierge for dining reservations and such? We are platinums and just booked a last minute sailing on Getaway in a balcony guarantee not assigned yet and curious as have never been on one of the larger NCL ships with so many Haven suites.

Just got off the Escape August 20-28 and I am happy to confirm that concierge service IS available for platinum members!! I have the letter to prove it!!:D

They are overwhelmed sometimes now. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the concierges being available. Suite prices are going through the roof, the services expected should not be a problem. I'm Platinum, but since we tried the suite life, we only sail in them.

Did you use the Concierge for dining reservations and such? We are platinums and just booked a last minute sailing on Getaway in a balcony guarantee not assigned yet and curious as have never been on one of the larger NCL ships with so many Haven suites.

Yes!! And the he was able to book us into the bistro that was supposedly booked|!!:)

They are overwhelmed sometimes now. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the concierges being available. Suite prices are going through the roof, the services expected should not be a problem. I'm Platinum, but since we tried the suite life, we only sail in them.

This was our first time sailing outside of the haven and I have to say we had an amazing time!! In all fairness we were in the Vibe beach club that probably made a huge impact on the success of our holiday and we had all the perks from being platinum. Starting to contemplate if spending all that extra money is worth it when you are platinum. This cruise was by far one of the best!!

I tried to book an inside but my Grandchildren won't have it now that they stayed in the two bedrooms suite. They love watching the tv while bathing or looking out the window.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just got off the Escape August 20-28 and I am happy to confirm that concierge service IS available for platinum members!! I have the letter to prove it!!:D

You might have a letter to prove it but what kind of letter? If that is simply the letter with your Platinum package it is worth nothing. It lists Concierge Service as a Platinum perk, but just try to get concierge to do something fo you if you're booked Inside cabin. No luck. That has been our experience as Platinum cruisers on four different ships.

Edited by NMLady

I am platinum and i have never had any luck with concierge. Is been my experience that they only focus on suite people not really on platinum people. On my last cruise we searched for him and he did not pay us the time of day, so we gave up. We do everything on our own, reservations, or go directly with the people we need to speak to. Concierge is supposed to be a platinum perk and whoever it is should make themselves known.:rolleyes: this Is my humble opinion.

Edited by qtaromar1970

You might have a letter to prove it but what kind of letter? If that is simply the letter with your Platinum package it is worth nothing. It lists Concierge Service as a Platinum perk, but just try to get concierge to do something fo you if you're booked Inside cabin. No luck. That has been our experience as Platinum cruisers on four different ships.

No! No! The letter states that as platinum members we have a dedicated concierge and lists the extension number. I will post it tomorrow. Just tired tonight and need to get some sleep but will definitely post first thing tomorrow morning.

What is it you are getting from a concierge service in booking your meal reservations? Do you really value that as a perk being Platinum?

Absolutely!! If you are on board and want to eat a specific restaurants and they insist that it is full and the concierge can manage to pull some strings to get you in I consider that at definite perk. Same goes for the shows....

Absolutely!! If you are on board and want to eat a specific restaurants and they insist that it is full and the concierge can manage to pull some strings to get you in I consider that at definite perk. Same goes for the shows....

The biggest perk would be bypassing the lines on debarkation day.

Awesome.

The biggest perk would be bypassing the lines on debarkation day.

Awesome.

I must agree with you on this one...We were lucky on our last two cruises and were in the Haven. Priority embarkation and debarkation were awesome. If we could have that as platinum I would be happy since the price of the Haven is now out of my price range. We are going back to our balcony cabins

No! No! The letter states that as platinum members we have a dedicated concierge and lists the extension number. I will post it tomorrow. Just tired tonight and need to get some sleep but will definitely post first thing tomorrow morning.

That is the same letter we've gotten as Platinum members and we've never been able to use Concierge services. We cruise Inside cabins and the concierge is busy with suites. Consider yourself very fortunate to have been able to use the Concierge services.

I must agree with you on this one...We were lucky on our last two cruises and were in the Haven. Priority embarkation and debarkation were awesome. If we could have that as platinum I would be happy since the price of the Haven is now out of my price range. We are going back to our balcony cabins

You do have priority disembarkation. You just have to go to guest services and show them your room key that confirms your status and they will give you the gold tags that give your priority.

Yes we did and he was very helpful. Got us it to the bistro when it was suppose to be full!

This might sound silly but I am excited about a ship pin too...I asked on our Getaway cruise and they said they are not giving them away anymore. I was disappointed because I have one from every ship I have sailed.

Thank you for sharing...

The biggest & obvious difference between the *Away class ships and the non-*Away NCL ships are the sheer # of passengers in Haven and # of Platinum members on a given sailing - the extent of personalized services, if any, given by the concierge onboard is going to be different and not expected to be the same.

If you sail frequently and repeatedly, plus getting to know to the concierge over time, and possibly have multiple status, i.e. being VIP and/or CAS guests, or even possibly known to them as being profiled with CC (they do collect screen names & email addresses, etc. at those Meet & Greet) ... perhaps, individual crews will and has been known to go out of their way, going above & beyond. This, sometimes, in consideration and appreciation of the guest's "material" recognition ... different ways of thank you for services rendered, sometimes presented in an envelope or a signed voucher, etc. ;) - especially you both know each other. It's the same way when you stayed at an upscale hotel and the concierge or VIP guest services @ the front desk did something out of the ordinary, when they are not expected to.

On Breakaway 3X and each time, a welcome mail-merged form letter (same as posted above) was placed in the stateroom with extension # of the concierge (no names given, ever) @embarkation day ... to call if their services are needed. The protocols for priority tendering, where applicable, and for priority disembarkation are clearly written & printed - there is no need to track down the concierge and/or play telephone/voice mail games with him/her, IMO.

Specialty dining isn't a big deal to us and ditto for show reservations, but, to each his/her own as to what matters. Besides, we are seldom in a hurry to rush off the ships and we leave after a leisure sit down breakfast and enjoy watching the animal race on the pier to rush for ground transportation.

Edited by mking8288