Panama Canal partial transit cruises

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Have these 2 cruises been on the schedule, or were they just added??

It's a 10 day cruise on Paradise out of Tampa 12/4-12/14/2017

And

14 day day cruise on Freedom out of Galveston 10/28-11/11/2017

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search#?layout=grid&pageSize=8&exclDetails=false&showBest&pageNumber=1&sort=FromPrice&dest=T&datTo=122017&datFrom=102017&dur=D3&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&useSuggestions

If old news, maybe I missed it.

Haven't seen too many Panama canal cruises lately, but I might have missed them to.

I was on the Miracle in 2010 when we did a Partial Transit. Was a great cruise and really enjoyed the canal.

Kind of deceiving as to what a Partial Transit was.

We docked it Colon, Panama and were driven by bus across the Isthmus of Panama to Panama City. Then we boarded a small excursion boat to sail through 3 of the locks. Got back on the buses for the ride back to Colon.

Still was very interesting to see the Canals and how they work up close.

Haven't seen too many Panama canal cruises lately, but I might have missed them to.

I was on the Miracle in 2010 when we did a Partial Transit. Was a great cruise and really enjoyed the canal.

We docked it Colon, Panama and were driven by bus across the Isthmus of Panama to Panama City. Then we boarded a small excursion boat to sail through 3 of the locks. Got back on the buses for the ride back to Colon.

Pride out of Baltimore is doing 1 in January and another in February.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search#?layout=grid&pageSize=8&exclDetails=false&showBest&pageNumber=1&sort=FromPrice&dest=T&datTo=122017&datFrom=012017&dur=D3&shipCode=PR&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&useSuggestions

The partial transits are probably all Carnival will be doing for awhile.

They have been putting cruises that stop in Panama and Costa Rica on the schedule, then cancelling those ports of call. Hopefully, these cruises will make all the port stops as scheduled.

Thanks for letting me know. Didn't see too many Journey Cruises in 2017.

More than welcome.

Oh that's disappointing... We are booked on the Freedom now.

Have these 2 cruises been on the schedule, or were they just added??

It's a 10 day cruise on Paradise out of Tampa 12/4-12/14/2017

And

14 day day cruise on Freedom out of Galveston 10/28-11/11/2017

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search#?layout=grid&pageSize=8&exclDetails=false&showBest&pageNumber=1&sort=FromPrice&dest=T&datTo=122017&datFrom=102017&dur=D3&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&useSuggestions

If old news, maybe I missed it.

They are recently added. My PVP sent me an email yesterday as Galveston is my home port. Took a pass as we are doing almost the exact itinerary in February Tampa to Baltimore on the Pride. And at about a $1000 less cost. So it is enough savings to cover the already purchased airfare and hotel.

Are these the ones that JH announced this morning?

I guess, I don't follow his blog or social Media. I didn't see an official press release.

So they had to cancel a few cruises, at least they did it a year + in advance.

They are recently added. My PVP sent me an email yesterday as Galveston is my home port. Took a pass as we are doing almost the exact itinerary in February Tampa to Baltimore on the Pride. And at about a $1000 less cost. So it is enough savings to cover the already purchased airfare and hotel.

Yes, these are rather pricey. Sounds like you got a great deal.

Pride out of Baltimore is doing 1 in January and another in February.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search#?layout=grid&pageSize=8&exclDetails=false&showBest&pageNumber=1&sort=FromPrice&dest=T&datTo=122017&datFrom=012017&dur=D3&shipCode=PR&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&useSuggestions

The partial transits are probably all Carnival will be doing for awhile.

They have been putting cruises that stop in Panama and Costa Rica on the schedule, then cancelling those ports of call. Hopefully, these cruises will make all the port stops as scheduled.

More than welcome.

Do you happen to know why those port stops were cancelled? It doesn't sound like, from your description, it was just a one-time thing but recurring.

Edited by joepeka

Do you happen to know why those port stops were cancelled? It doesn't sound like, from your description, it was just a one-time thing but recurring.

Not sure they ever gave an actual reason.

I did see this thread from last year that mentions both cancellations...post # 20-23

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248285&page=2

I did a search for anything more than 10 days for later in 2017. I guess these new ones are why I didn't get many options. At the time I looked, there were only 2 --10+ day cruises available. I wonder if more 10+ day itineraries will become available.

BTW-we just did the full canal transit this past April, it was a great cruise, but we had to sail with Holland Am to get the full transit. I would liked to have done it with CCL.

For thoses of you who have done a partial transit didn't the ship go thru one lock? We are booked on the Pride next February.

Don't know about Carnival, but when we did a partial on Celebrity out of Galveston we went through 3 locks into Gatan (can't remember how to spell it) Lake. Those that had excursions got off, the ship turned around and we came back the same way.