Hyatt pier 66 or Holiday inn 17th, Ft lauderdale

DISFANS3

With ES priced to high, I am looking at the Holiday in on 17th or going to Hyatt Pier 66, any help? Price, value, location? Cruise not until Jan 2018, just getting a early start...Thanks...

By 2018 new hotels can be built and the current ones could be closed down, burned to the ground or the ES could be a La Quinta.

Since you are looking at pricing that for sure will be different in 2018, at this time I'd just do research on the city and it's offerings.

Read the hotel threads here and make a list, if you want, of the popular "cruiser" choices on a map. Wait until after the holidays to actually get serious.

I know you're excited to get started;)

We have been staying at ES for last 3 cruise trip, prices just to high to stay at ES anymore. Have been looking around for a while, like to stay on 17st . Going in Jan being the on season like to book asap when available for Jan opens up for 2018.. Thanks for info...

We have been staying at ES for last 3 cruise trip, prices just to high to stay at ES anymore. Have been looking around for a while, like to stay on 17st . Going in Jan being the on season like to book asap when available for Jan opens up for 2018.. Thanks for info...

OMG,

Us too.

We are looking for a different place for next summer also.

The Embassy suites prices for next year have already increased.

And, if they stay this high, we will just go to one of the newer nicer water front ones we have avoided due to cost.

The search is on.

Good luck.

We are just starting to look.

OMG,

We are looking for a different place for next summer also.

The Embassy suites prices for next year have already increased.

And, if they stay this high, we will just go to one of the newer nicer water front ones we have avoided due to cost.

If you are looking at summer rates, there is no reason to be stuck on 17th St. Look at the most moderate,Bahia Mar, or any other hotel on/near the beach.

I'd book something (cancellable) early if you want. But summer offers more choices on the discount sites as well as just better rates on hotel sites.

If you insist on 17th St. then book Hyatt Place on valuetrips.com for about $109. It's steps from ES at half the cost..if not lower.

Edited by eandj

Because ES has become so expensive for our trip next month DW and I are going to try the Riverside in Loa Olas.

You will love the Riverside! It's our hotel of choice. We love to drink and dine on the Blvd.

I typically book this hotel through Hotwire. We will be staying there two nights next month. Please come back and tell me how you like it.

Marie

Do you belong to a hotel frequent stayer club? If so, check out your options usings points and sometimes combined with points to get a good deal during peak seasons. This works well in FLL given the sky high prices.

Sometimes you can earn points by opening a new credit card for example. We just got the equivalent of 7 nights at Hyatt Place for opening a new card and charging our cruise to it (plus it included trip insurance for free).

This also worked out better than using our SW airline credit card as for the same amount of purchases ($4000) on it I would earn only about $70 towards my airfare, while on my new card I got a free night at Hyatt Place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always stayed at the Hyatt Place Convention Center and the rate has been very reasonable (and I really like their breakfast). But I've never sailed in January.

The rate for the day I'm looking at is over $200. :(

Don't quite have enough points for the airport Courtyard, where I'm staying before my next cruise, so I looked at the Holiday Inn Express and I have plenty of points to use there.

Not sure if they shuttle to/from the airport and the pier and if they do, are the shuttles free? Website actually says the port is within walking distance. I'm solo, but if it's that close, the taxi should be pretty minimal.

Anyone actually stayed there and have thoughts? BTW, I'm talking about January of 2017, not 2018! ;)