Question about MTD

We're sailing on Serenade in December, just my husband and me, and have MTD. Do we have to make reservations for MDR, or can we just show up? And if we can just show up, is there typically a wait??

The only other Royal cruise we've been on, we chose assigned dining, so MTD on Royal is new to us. Thanks!

We're sailing on Serenade in December, just my husband and me, and have MTD. Do we have to make reservations for MDR, or can we just show up? And if we can just show up, is there typically a wait??

The only other Royal cruise we've been on, we chose assigned dining, so MTD on Royal is new to us. Thanks!

Reservations are optional. Hard to say if you will have a wait, some people say there is little or no wait. May change cruise to cruise.

Either way works. We almost always do MTD, and when we travel with other people we make ressies. When it's just DH and me, we wing it. Never had to wait more than a few minutes.

If you decide to make ressies on line prior to the cruise, be sure to verify them with the maitre' d when you get on the ship. RCI has, in the past, changed our ressies without notifying me, and I've learned to follow up on embarkation day.

Officially: you can show up whenever you want.

Unofficially: if you want to ensure the shortest wait, make reservations. especially for the peak period of 6-7 ish,

our strategy: I make reservations before boarding for the first night. each night thereafter we make a reservation as we walk out the door after dinner for the next night, knowing that we can easily call and adjust later if necessary.

if you want to sit alone, there are typically many 2 tops in MTD but if you show up outside of your reservation time, you may have to wait( we showed up 30 minutes early a few times and had to wait unless we wanted to be seated with others)

using this strategy, we have never waited more than the time it takes for the hostess to return from dropping off the last batch to their tables.

I have been curious about this too. I would like to know if in the pay restaurants you have to make reservations or if you can just show up and wait like MTD. Thanks!!

the vast majority of the time you absolutely do need to make a reservation for specialty dining.

I have been curious about this too. I would like to know if in the pay restaurants you have to make reservations or if you can just show up and wait like MTD. Thanks!!

Best to make' anywhere [emoji12][emoji12] Its always easier to change later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk