Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

What if they wanted to send Jewel to Norfolk?

Too close to home....Bob

Not good for my addiction.

Cruisers Anonymous.....anyone?

I love a few days in warm Florida or San Juan before a cruise.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Freedom question.....

Have not been on Freedom since its first revenue sailing in June 2006. So don't remember much about it and definitely have not paid attention to any "revitalization". Does it now have Suite and CL or just CL? Where is the CL / Suite Lounge(s) located?

Thanks.

Freedom question.....

Have not been on Freedom since its first revenue sailing in June 2006. So don't remember much about it and definitely have not paid attention to any "revitalization". Does it now have Suite and CL or just CL? Where is the CL / Suite Lounge(s) located?

Thanks.

Just the CL which is deck 10, near the aft set of elevators.

Freedom question.....

Thanks.

Sadly, on our Jan, 2017 cruises it was still 'inside' lounge on deck 10.

I still haven't received a confirmation email from RC on the cruise I booked on the first day bookings opened up for Symphony. Has anyone received an email?

Call Royal and they will email it to you while on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't received a confirmation email from RC on the cruise I booked on the first day bookings opened up for Symphony. Has anyone received an email?

Call the main reservation number and use the automated confirmation system, the e-mail will appear instantly. See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52499837&postcount=254

That would be fantastic....Royal Caribbean might be able to get a good deal now that Carnival has announced that it will no longer be sailing from Norfolk.

"Good Deal"

Norfolk would probably pay Royal!

Instead of Royal charging us port fees we would get a credit.....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Did you book online or by phone? Mine shows $122 CAD a person so doesn't match the $63.48 or $130 numbers you mention. I can't do a mock booking to see what it is showing as the page keeps blanking out on me for Symphony. :(

The $63.48 or $130 numbers are in USD currency. In CAD currency is $84 pp.

I used an existing booking and switched to Symphony TA on Mar 8. The taxes were $172CA pp yet the website shows $84CA every time I did a mock booking in the last 2 days. So I called RCI yesterday. The agent acknowledged the taxes discrepancy and corrected from $172CA to $84CA pp. That's $176CA difference! At first the agent explained that the taxes were different due to my previous cruise booking but I countered back that "the cruise fare can change but not the taxes. Taxes should reflect the current sailing, not the previous sailing." That got through to the RCI agent.

Call the main reservation number and use the automated confirmation system, the e-mail will appear instantly. See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52499837&postcount=254

I never knew this before. Thank you for the information -- just goes to show, you learn something new every day! :)

The $63.48 or $130 numbers are in USD currency. In CAD currency is $84 pp.

I used an existing booking and switched to Symphony TA on Mar 8. The taxes were $172CA pp yet the website shows $84CA every time I did a mock booking in the last 2 days. So I called RCI yesterday. The agent acknowledged the taxes discrepancy and corrected from $172CA to $84CA pp. That's $176CA difference! At first the agent explained that the taxes were different due to my previous cruise booking but I countered back that "the cruise fare can change but not the taxes. Taxes should reflect the current sailing, not the previous sailing." That got through to the RCI agent.

Good for you for being persistent! I've been dragging my feet, but I need to call and see if my taxes are correct for the 2 SY cruises I booked. I suspect not.

If you booked...There was an error in port fees and taxes, if you booked first day. They are 63.48 each for Symphony TA. Mine were showing 130 each. My new total is under 2300 for the 8D. You have to call ROYAL and get it changed. Saved me $133.04 for the two of us.

As usual, Royal is consistently inconsistent. We contacted them and they said they cannot adjust port fees and taxes. We told them that fees and taxes had been adjusted for others and they still said it cannot be adjusted. So, we called back to C&A and they got it adjusted.

Edited by carden

As usual, Royal is consistently inconsistent. We contacted them and they said they cannot adjust port fees and taxes. We told them that fees and taxes had been adjusted for others and they still said it cannot be adjusted.

I have been told no adjustment by 3 reps so far. I got a surprise call back after I booked from someone to verify my booking went through who said finance would eventually correct it in a couple of weeks. We may end up on another sailing anyway so I am not going to fuss too much with it till we settle on a sailing. At that point I will raise some heck if needed.

I did get an extra $100 OBC with the new promotion today as my price hadn't gone up like many have reported.

Good for you for being persistent! I've been dragging my feet, but I need to call and see if my taxes are correct for the 2 SY cruises I booked. I suspect not.

Hi Karen,

Before I called RCI to book, I did a mock booking to make sure the price is either the same or lower from the RCI agent. The price including taxes was higher so I got the agent to go through the breakdown with me as the invoice could not be emailed out in the first 24 hours of the release date. The taxes was the only thing different from the website. The agent told me the website might have the incorrect amount.

The next day I called to add gratuities and the booking invoice was emailed to me immediately. So I did another mock booking and yes, the taxes was much higher than what's showing on RCI website. So I waited one more day to make sure the taxes is still the same on the 3rd day (yes, still the same) before I called and finally, got it reduce to the correct amount. No travel agent will work this hard for my cruise bookings. :D

Sarah

Hi Karen,

Before I called RCI to book, I did a mock booking to make sure the price is either the same or lower from the RCI agent. The price including taxes was higher so I got the agent to go through the breakdown with me as the invoice could not be emailed out in the first 24 hours of the release date. The taxes was the only thing different from the website. The agent told me the website might have the incorrect amount.

The next day I called to add gratuities and the booking invoice was emailed to me immediately. So I did another mock booking and yes, the taxes was much higher than what's showing on RCI website. So I waited one more day to make sure the taxes is still the same on the 3rd day (yes, still the same) before I called and finally, got it reduce to the correct amount. No travel agent will work this hard for my cruise bookings. :D

Sarah

Mine does!! Each and every time and I appreciate all her hard work!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree totally! Ours is outstanding and works very hard on our bookings. She also had to contact them to get the fees reduced. She did so and immediately emailed me the updated invoice!