A new B2B question - insurance....

southbayer

I would contact your insurance company. I take out a policy for TRIP insurance not cruise insurance and it covers me from the minute I leave home and goes thru the time I get back. I don't remember giving them any specifics of the cruise. I would think that if you aren't changing ships 1 policy to cover both in the amount of both cruises would work ... something to look into.

Does anyone know, when you buy insurance from wherever on a back to back cruise... Would I have to buy two policy's, or one for the whole thing ?

I'm thinking I already know the answer... What do you think ?

I think you would be better off getting a private policy. Try insuremytrip.com

I have used Travel Guard in the past because it covers my flight to the port as well as the cruise.

Does anyone know, when you buy insurance from wherever on a back to back cruise... Would I have to buy two policy's, or one for the whole thing ?

I'm thinking I already know the answer... What do you think ?

If you purchase the insurance via the cruise line, I'd think you'd have to buy two policies

If you're purchasing via a 3rd party insurance site, you can purchase one policy good from the day the trip begins until the day you get back home. That's what we've done several times.

We booked a 4 night cruise, followed by 2 days at WDW, then 2 B2B 7 night cruises. One policy from the day we left home till the day we got back home.

Each third-party insurer has their own definition of a "trip". It's usually defined as beginning as one departure from home and ending as one return as back to home. So if your back-to-back sailing does not include an intermediate return home after the first sailing then a new departure from there to catch the second sailing (it won't unless something really unusual is happening) then the back-to-back will be considered one trip and can be insured on one policy. If you use the cruise line insurance it may be different.

Each third-party insurer has their own definition of a "trip". It's usually defined as beginning as one departure from home and ending as one return as back to home. So if your back-to-back sailing does not include an intermediate return home after the first sailing then a new departure from there to catch the second sailing (it won't unless something really unusual is happening) then the back-to-back will be considered one trip and can be insured on one policy. If you use the cruise line insurance it may be different.

This is the definition of "trip" from a Travel Guard plan:

“Trip” means a period of travel away from home to a

Destination outside the Insured’s City of residence; the

purpose of the trip is business or pleasure and is not to obtain

health care or treatment of any kind; the trip has defined

Departure and Return Dates specified when the Insured

applies; the trip does not exceed 364 days; travel is primarily

by Common Carrier and only incidentally by private

conveyance.

I purchase travel insurance through TravelInsured. I insure my dates of travel and where I am going, not the ship/specific cruise.

When I went from one week to a B2B, I called them to let them know, and they simply adjusted my dates and cost and charged me the difference.