MIA to FLL on tri rail

chaps612

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using tri-rail from MIA to FLL? I'm flying into MIA and meeting my family in Fort Lauderdale so traveling solo. It's way cheaper going this route so cost is driving factor. Any inputs are appreciated!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using tri-rail from MIA to FLL? I'm flying into MIA and meeting my family in Fort Lauderdale so traveling solo. It's way cheaper going this route so cost is driving factor. Any inputs are appreciated!

I have only ridden the tri rail once, but I can offer this....

This trip would best be done with carry-on luggage. Big bags would be challenging.

There is a connector bus ride on each end of your route. I believe the cost is all included in your fare. If you are doing this on your way to a ship I suggest that you get off at the FLL stop and take uber or taxi to the ship. No need to take the shuttle bus to the airport.

As long as you have time in your schedule and can deal with your bags, I say go for it.

We have taken this route a few times and it has always worked out fine. We took the bus from the airport to the train station, purchased the ticket for the train at the station, embarked the train, disembarked at FLL (Dania Beach), then we could have taken the bus to the airport, however as we were going to the ship, we just took a taxi from the train station to the ship. I understand that you can now take the people mover at MIA to the Tri Rail Miami Airport Station (no need for the bus), however this was not open the last time we took the route. We did have luggage, and was no problem.