Carnival's Future Entertainment Options

winddawn

What are your thoughts about Carnival's entertainment options going forward?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts about Carnival's entertainment options going forward?

• I'm excited about passenger lip-syncing as a new form of entertainment
    • I'd prefer more comedy club shows
    • I don't care about Carnival's entertainment options
    • Something else (please post what that is)

Carnival is supposed to be "the fun ship" -- that's how they have branded themselves. Passenger-driven entertainment perfectly fits this branding.

I think it's FUN to get involved with the entertainment, as opposed to sitting in a seat and waiting to be entertained! I think that's why the passengers of carnival tend to be less "stuffy" than passengers of more elite lines like Celebrity. I don't mind getting out of my seat and learning "the thriller dance" if it will entertain someone. ...and it burns off some of those Melting Chocolate Calories dancing as opposed to WATCHING someone else dance, so I love to have the choice to get outta my seat and participate!!!

I also like the comedians, and I agree with the previous poster who said to PUT THEM IN THE THEATER, so we don't have to get there 45 min before they start to save seats!!!!!! I don't much enjoy the playlist shoes, I would rather have comedians in the theater

It's a shame that CCL just DOESN'T care about the passengers wanting the comedy shows moved to the showroom, rather than the little closets they're in now. Why let EVERYONE that wants to see the comedy show actually get in to see it?

My family couldn't give a crap about Hasbro, talent shows, lip synching, adult coloring contests, or whatever other nonsense they come up with.

Bring back live Vegas style shoes to the showroom on some nights and host comedy in there on the other nights. WIN-WIN!

Edited by The4Cruisers

Lip Sync is karaoke without the sound turned on....same old, same old.

Dive-In movies, karaoke, lip synching - all these are forms of self-entertainment, aren't they? At very little cost to Carnival.

Thankfully, there is live music and comedy and the dive-in movies. I'm still happy with these options.

Bring back live Vegas style shoes to the showroom on some nights and host comedy in there on the other nights. WIN-WIN!

Win for you but not for those of us who have no interest in the Vegas style shows. One of the reasons why I love Carnival is the variety of entertainment in the evening - other cruise lines funnel you to the main theatre and basically have the rest of the ship with nothing while those shows are on. I dislike that and prefer Carnival's varied activities.

Win for you but not for those of us who have no interest in the Vegas style shows. One of the reasons why I love Carnival is the variety of entertainment in the evening - other cruise lines funnel you to the main theatre and basically have the rest of the ship with nothing while those shows are on. I dislike that and prefer Carnival's varied activities.

Lucky for us Carnival understands diversity and isn't a one trick pony.

The continuing trend toward self-entertainment doesn't excite me much. Lip syncing is fine in small venues for those that find such things entertaining, but I can't see it filling up the main theatre. As disappointed as I am in the Playlist shows, compared to the older Vegas style shows, I'd still prefer them to lip syncing... and it isn't close. I realize this is all economics driven and it DOES help keep prices down, so it isn't all bad... I guess. But it is certainly not exciting.

I remember the days when Carnival had top notch dancing/singing shows and they were not 3rd rate high school caliber. AND we got 2 comedy shows to attend after the production show. After seeing "Mod" and "Divas" I was totally disappointed and thought this was the start of the slippery slope downward. When the "Talent Show" was implemented and I got to be "entertained" by 6 of my fellow passengers that really did signal the end of the great shows on board.

I have always enjoyed the comedy shows, however, the Club venue is way too small for the amount of people who want to see it. Why not use that venue for the simple passenger participant shows.

One ship out of how many?

One of the biggest issues Carnival has is how drastically the onboard experience changes from ship to ship.

That's a good point about how the experience changes from ship to ship, and especially based on the length of the cruise. Shorter cruises have especially had cuts, such as no lobster in the MDR, fewer VIFP perks, and entertainment.

One of the biggest issues Carnival has is how drastically the onboard experience changes from ship to ship.

It's a new expansion program, have to start somewhere. How many would make it meaningful to you? I was unaware of the biggest issue how drastic onboard experience changes from ship to ship.....huh go figure, maybe I have not been on enough......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I remember the days when Carnival had top notch dancing/singing shows and they were not 3rd rate high school caliber. AND we got 2 comedy shows to attend after the production show. After seeing "Mod" and "Divas" I was totally disappointed and thought this was the start of the slippery slope downward. When the "Talent Show" was implemented and I got to be "entertained" by 6 of my fellow passengers that really did signal the end of the great shows on board.

I have always enjoyed the comedy shows, however, the Club venue is way too small for the amount of people who want to see it. Why not use that venue for the simple passenger participant shows.

Third rate high school caliber....now that is anew one. Did not know high schools and ratings their caliber of talent.... Another new fact, thanks! Our latest cruise on the Vista was the best entertainment we have had on any cruise ship (38 cruises) period.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you, evandbob. I prefer good live music too. You have to give Carnival credit for entertaining on a shoestring though. They seem to always be seeking new attempts at entertainment without spending money. And using customers as the entertainment is pretty cheap. At least lip-syncing doesn't subject the rest of us to the pain of karaoke. Lol.

I:) agree

HA! Now that Carnival is offering "Hasbro", and "Lip Syncing", those "Talent Shows", and "Legends" Shows don't look so bad, do they? ;)

I agree with the majority of those above. Bring back the REAL MUSICIANS, and good BIG SHOWS, and those great FLY ON entertainers they used to have. We used to see some shows that I'd attend over, and over and over again, without ever tiring of them. :cool:

"SKY"

I'm actually glad the entertainment is different from ship to ship. I don't see an issue with that at all. It doesn't take much research to find out what the ship you are looking at is offering and if play list isn't for you, Carnival offers ships that don't have do have the live bands....in fact I will have my first cruise with Play list next month and am looking forward to finally experiencing it.