.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

And wher might that be, the new and revised what??

Sea Dream’s Contract……….”eye watering” exclusions  !
Many will say, they can’t blame them (after the pandemic) BUT for Hum, it’s damned unfriendly and leaves a “bad taste” and is “sneaky” (most people don’t read them: if it was a non-travel purchase, buyers would definitely “think twice”).

Hum’s advice is take out meaningful travel insurance and use a travel agent: get their advice and if it’s not right for you then find a company whose contractual terms are purchaser friendly.

Hitherto Hum has found Sea Dream have been generally very fair despite the ridiculous “moans” you sometimes read from those that should know better.

But now……..….protect yourselves and query everything (including TA port charges), better still appoint a proper TA (never Sea Dream direct).

”Imbecile Jottings” some say…..what do they say now ?

Edited by ho-hum
  • Like 2

And I had hoped "new and revised" meant more included.  I love the Caribbean on SD but SD includes nothing but the food and most drink onboard.  First you need decent air, then for most of us a pre cruise night in a hotel.  Not to forget transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to dock.  And for this price point the highest "port charges" in the industry?  And any excursions are either self hire or very pricey through SD.  Again, my point is that everyone else, including even the mass market flesh farms, are adding to their offerings, not taking away.  At SDs price/pretension point wi-fi should certainly be included.   And it should be useable.  Last time I spent $100 for a week of wi-fi.  I could not even send email.  I complained but did not get the fee refunded.  SD you are really good at a few things but the competition is leaving you in their wake....🍷

40 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

And I had hoped "new and revised" meant more included.  I love the Caribbean on SD but SD includes nothing but the food and most drink onboard.  First you need decent air, then for most of us a pre cruise night in a hotel.  Not to forget transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to dock.  And for this price point the highest "port charges" in the industry?  And any excursions are either self hire or very pricey through SD.  Again, my point is that everyone else, including even the mass market flesh farms, are adding to their offerings, not taking away.  At SDs price/pretension point wi-fi should certainly be included.   And it should be useable.  Last time I spent $100 for a week of wi-fi.  I could not even send email.  I complained but did not get the fee refunded.  SD you are really good at a few things but the competition is leaving you in their wake....🍷

All true but that’s not the worse. !  The ramifications are a great concern when combined with the direction of the company.

Hum hates to be negative……..especially at these times but people think the yacht service is the same as the office service.

In light of the contract, Hum is unlikely to book Caribbean voyages.

Let the celebrations begin. ! Hum free voyages……great. !

But enough ……. Hum doesn’t want to be thought of being on his “soapbox”.

Hum wonders if anyone else sees the issue. ?
Maybe it’s not an issue except for Hum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Drinking that psychedelic tea again Mr. Hum???🍸

Maybe………..maybe not.

Just everybody keep their Marine traffic apps primed.

First one to spot either yacht movement wins a pass to the “Yee Ha” gun range outside Phoenix, Arizona (firearms provided). 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ho-hum said:

Maybe………..maybe not.

Just everybody keep their Marine traffic apps primed.

First one to spot either yacht movement wins a pass to the “Yee Ha” gun range outside Phoenix, Arizona (firearms provided). 

That brings up another great idea. Mount a few of those Browning 50cal machine guns fore and aft, basically the same guns that were on B-17s , hire me and Ragnar as permanent guests and no more pirate worries.🍸😎

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

That brings up another great idea. Mount a few of those Browning 50cal machine guns fore and aft, basically the same guns that were on B-17s , hire me and Ragnar as permanent guests and no more pirate worries.🍸😎

……..pirates in the Mediterranean, Jim. !

Hum assumes the new tequila still testing has just concluded…….maybe a tad too strong matey.

2 hours ago, ho-hum said:

……..pirates in the Mediterranean, Jim. !

Hum assumes the new tequila still testing has just concluded…….maybe a tad too strong matey.

Yes there are.  Our Marines are always singing about them.  Must still be some around.  Take no chances!🍸  And yes, this high heat wave cures the very best Tequila.  😎

29 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Some scrapyards in that general direction....😱  Hahah, just kidding Hum.  Trying to help your pulse rate this morning.  Er, afternoon in Blighty so I assume it is wine time....😎

…….…(wine time)……maybe, maybe not