.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

15 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Idle Jottings has turned into Imbecile Jottings...

I have been snooping at your Viking board and your posts. You and your wife can be called Lewis and Clark if you make it.

Last weekend I had to go out of town. United was not going to let us on return flight to Aspen because apparently I had not received or completed some virus info that our county required. The nice agent downloaded it for me and we had to complete it at the check in counter. Nice agent vs a mean one.

I can only imagine what you may experience getting to Bermuda or getting home 😉 Safe travels.

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I have been snooping at your Viking board and your posts. You and your wife can be called Lewis and Clark if you make it.

Last weekend I had to go out of town. United was not going to let us on return flight to Aspen because apparently I had not received or completed some virus info that our county required. The nice agent downloaded it for me and we had to complete it at the check in counter. Nice agent vs a mean one.

I can only imagine what you may experience getting to Bermuda or getting home 😉 Safe travels.

Oh heck !

Mr. Grumpy seriously needs a stress free break……….…he has really lost his “joie de vivre” (so judgemental these days and what a “kill joy”: as you Americans say “lighten up dude”).

Hum hopes all goes “swimmingly” for him (and his wonderful lady) and he returns rejuvenated.

Fingers crossed though (just in case).

Great to hear from you TrulyBlonde.

Hum’s sure your interpersonal skills “saved the day”……..Raggy less so (zero in fact).

Hope you’re well.

Edited by ho-hum
  • Like 2

We all hope Raggy and Carol have a grand trip.  If anyone can figure out arcane bureaucracy our Ragnar can.  Engineers just think differently...  I just hope the onboard experience is up to speed.  The ship is beautiful and comfortable and rumor has it that they are reduced capacity by about half so all should be good.  🍸

• Like 1

Interesting all SeaDream 1 voyages have been pulled off of the SeaDream website until September 4th.  Could SeaDream be doing another summer season of cruising in Norway?  The yacht is stilled moored in Alesund as it has been since last December. Inquiring minds want to know. 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, COCOYOTE said:

Interesting all SeaDream 1 voyages have been pulled off of the SeaDream website until September 4th.  Could SeaDream be doing another summer season of cruising in Norway?  The yacht is stilled moored in Alesund as it has been since last December. Inquiring minds want to know. 🤔

Perhaps ………or perhaps not.

3 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Perhaps I should have used “muggles” rather than “normals”.

Definitely……that just cost you winning Cruise Critic Personality of the Year award leaving Jim a clear favourite (again).

But seriously, Hum hopes your Viking get away goes well.

2 hours ago, COCOYOTE said:

Mr.Ho Hum, you are such a tease!

Maybe………maybe not.

Oh but seriously, your conjecture has merit however Norway may have been exhausted and the Med would be a better revenue earner.

Well that’s what Hum’s tea leaves reveal.

Edited by ho-hum

1 hour ago, ho-hum said:

Maybe………maybe not.

Oh but seriously, your conjecture has merit however Norway may have been exhausted and the Med would be a better revenue earner.

Do say Mr. Hum … friend and ally on the crossing.  Makes sense.  Why then the cancellation of SD1 until September - or perhaps the itineraries are being revamped to be reposted as soon as revised?  What else could explain it if more revenue in the Med?  Perhaps put SD1 in dry dock following the lengthy time for SD2 soon coming to an end in Lisbon?  Seemed like lots of bookings for both ships so the demand is likely there to justify operating both of them.  Crew issues with vaccines, etc.?

1 hour ago, JES4845 said:

Do say Mr. Hum … friend and ally on the crossing.  Makes sense.  Why then the cancellation of SD1 until September - or perhaps the itineraries are being revamped to be reposted as soon as revised?  What else could explain it if more revenue in the Med?  Perhaps put SD1 in dry dock following the lengthy time for SD2 soon coming to an end in Lisbon?  Seemed like lots of bookings for both ships so the demand is likely there to justify operating both of them.  Crew issues with vaccines, etc.?

Dear JES,

I guess all will be revealed sooner or later.

Well Hum hopes so. Was supposed to be sailing mid-June out of Venice (following three nights at the Cipriani) but this was cancelled, so we switched to a month later.

Meanwhile Hum agrees with your Med assessment (vaccinations shouldn’t be an issue).

Can’t wait to see the refurbished SDII………hope the smell of fresh paint and varnish has abated: really interferes with “nosing” a fine wine.

Edited by ho-hum

42 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

You don't enjoy a fine red from the cellars of Chateau d'Sherwin Williams?

Aha……..Trapper !

Hoping you and your wonderful lady are well.

Hum thought he knew wines, so Hum was a bit surprised to read about this wine, so Hum eagerly looked it up.

PAINT ! 😂😂😂😂

Look forward to seeing you both.

13 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Aha……..Trapper !

Hoping you and your wonderful lady are well.

Hum thought he knew wines, so Hum was a bit surprised to read about this wine, so Hum eagerly looked it up.

PAINT ! 😂😂😂😂

Look forward to seeing you both.

We look forward to seeing the two of you. And we will on New Year's, assuming that you are in your usual place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ho-hum said:

Maybe………maybe not.

Had not thought about 2 months of totally revised itineraries for SeaDream 1 in the Med. The logistics of cancelled/new/replacement voyages seems daunting especially due to the timeframe involved. We are so looking forward to being back on board and catching up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zimmy said:

We look forward to seeing the two of you. And we will on New Year's, assuming that you are in your usual place.

Hum can’t recall which yacht he is on………which is a good thing…..for Sea Dream.

For if passengers knew which yacht Hum was on, there would be an immediate spate of re-booking by passengers for the other yacht !!!!

But, as Hum hopes you can testify, Hum onboard is almost un-recognisable.

A veritable recluse and shy.

Unfortunately his great Aussie chum is less so.

In his defence, Hum would say, by the end of a voyage, he is also the most popular.

Sea Dream passenger regulars are very special people who recognise very special environments (small ports) and very special people (crew).

We are so close to the elements too (sea…obviously, sky, wind, rain, sun……..AIR, Hum loves the air, quiet cabins…..Hum refuses to call them Staterooms…too pretentious…….though Humis booked in the Owners Suite !…….yes Hum is a Phillistine).

We are at home away from home.

(Hum would like to thank Mons.Leoube, a Provençal rose, for this brilliant line).

Hum raises a glass to the crew. 

• Like 1