.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

🍸He got to the end of the post and couldn't remember the punch line.....  Travel has become so serious and cruising in general and SD in particular are supposed to be fun.  We can all hope for the day when this junk passes (they always do) and we can get back to SD as it is meant to be.  Until then I will have to get by on lots of good memories.  Like this morning, I suddenly had this huge urge to have SeaDream's Eggs Benedict.  And maybe the mussels later on.  Wouldn't it be great if we could order SD food and have it delivered similar to Omaha Steaks?  Any profits could go to the Crew Fund.  🍸

• Like 3

We learned one of our favorite breakfasts from visiting folks we met on SD:  Bagels and Tomatoes.

- Lightly toast split bagels.

- Smear with softened cream cheese.

- Layer on vine-ripened tomato slices.

- Sprinkle with Lowerys season salt and, optionally, fresh ground pepper.  Go easy on the Lowerys the first time.

Enjoy!  I don’t really like tomatoes that much, but love this, if we can get good tomatoes (difficult).

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

No, but sadly heard a few hours ago that SD1 crew are being sent home except for the skeletal crew needed to take SD1 back to Norway in coming days, to spend the winter with SD2 there.  All so very, very sad, especially for the hard-working crew that count on SD voyages to support themselves and their families.  Let us hope we can join them after May 1st in the Med.  May we dig deep in our hearts and otherwise to help the crew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, COCOYOTE said:

Looks like SeaDream has removed all Barbados trips and the April crossing from their website. First bookable voyage is now May 1st from Barcelona.  Has anyone received any cancellation  information?

No, we have a February cruise scheduled for next year.  I guess i will need to call them tomorrow.

I called this morning and the representative confirmed that they are suspending their January-April caribbean sailings.  She said they were contacting those booked in order of the voyages.  The suspension is understandable, but still very sad. 😞

• Like 2

We got the (dreaded) call from Seadream this afternoon confirming the winter 2021 seasons is canceled. Sad it came to that, but I'm not surprised. So we'll be back on board in the fall 2021 seasons (crossing for sure, and Caribbean trips, we're looking at our options as I type).

Our hearts goes to the crew. I don't think Seadream could have done more to make this seasons successful.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I agree, I really don't know what SD could have done more to protect passengers and crew.  I continue to hope for the best for SD and the crew and will be back onboard as soon as feasible. 

There is nothing more they could have done. There is no way I know of to protect themselves from irresponsible people.

• Like 1

Sad indeed! Our Dec. 27th cancelled along with, as others have said, ALL winter season sailings. And we ARE BOOKED for Sept. in the Med. Now unfortunately we have to wait for our refund. I called the office yesterday and the rep said he literally did not know when we'd get our funds. Does anyone else feel like all they do is wait for refunds from cancelled trips, flights, hotels? What a year...

• Like 1

Idle Jottings indeed.  Mine are that the soonest one might expect to cruise with anything like "normal" will be June 2021. And you will have  to have proof of inoculations.  Haha, let's see if I am right.  Maybe I will win a free trip to Ho-Hum's palace in the lovely English countryside.🍸

• Like 1

We should work with Blondie to do a joint surprise visit!  Think his old ticker would survive it?  Could dress up in overalls and pretend to be workmen, see how long it takes him to recognize us 🙂  We’ll have to work on our cockneyed accents to be proper white van men...

I’ve always wanted to say “guvnah” in England!

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Merry Christmas Tikiman.  Great picture but you left out the surfboard and sunglasses.  Best wishes for seeing that in 2021.🍸

Jim, my backyard has an inch of snow, so it would be a sled instead of surfboard here in the Georgia mountains.  Today would have been Splash Day.  Mary and I are about to finish off the bubbles to celebrate (if only I had a Ships horn... to Make some Noise)

• Like 1

Just now, Tiki_Man said:

Jim, my backyard has an inch of snow, so it would be a sled instead of surfboard here in the Georgia mountains.  Today would have been Splash Day.  Mary and I are about to finish off the bubbles to celebrate (if only I had a Ships horn... to Make some Noise)

Its funny but we ve got like no snow right now in Cladwell, NJ. They say its the first time in like a decade when there is absolutely no snow. I like snow, but only when I am in the mountains skiing or skateboarding.. but not when I have to dig up my car lol 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I see where Azamara has been sold.  Wonder what effect, if any, this will have on Captain Tysse and all the other SeaDream alumni over there.  Hoping the best for them.

Was Larry Pimintel still president of Azamara?  He had just taken over the company the one time we sailed on it.  Those former Renaissance R-Class ships are still my favorite, other than SD of course.

39 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Was Larry Pimintel still president of Azamara?  He had just taken over the company the one time we sailed on it.  Those former Renaissance R-Class ships are still my favorite, other than SD of course.

It’s understood Larry Pimintel left earlier.....