.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

PS - Xpedition is all-inclusive, open bar, wine at dinner etc. Attentive drink waiters, never need to fetch a drink on your own. Plus their seafood bbq is the best meal I've ever had. All crew are Ecuadorian, and proud of their ship, and their country. Only downside - the coffee was quite acidic, bring your own :-)

If you take the ten day package, they literally take care of everything. You won't need to spend a dime the entire 10 days (though you will want to buy trinkets, art, etc.), except for alcoholic drinks at the hotel. But avoid that, as Quito is at a very high elevation.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

H usually finds most guests interesting too and intelligent (but the stuff that comes out of TraaperZ is "way over Hum's head": he proves some people can be too intelligent !).

I wish you could talk to my high school calculus teacher, H. When I finally hit the end of the learning curve, I told her that I believed the human is brain is like a sponge, and can absorb only so much. She replied, "Yes, Mr. Zimmy, some brains are that small." ouch

,,,,but one of your better rambles, really.... see you soon dearest. Please give our congrats to the bride.

He lives !

Not fatally gored by that moose after all !

Yes, cannot wait for our breakfasts together, aft.

A kiss from you both will be the first to be delivered to the bride after the wedding ceremony.

Cheers!

To Brother Hum's rants!...

And Seadream wins everytime!... 😊👍🏻

Dear Canadian chums are like London busses.

You wait for ages for one to post then two come along !

Yes sis, H knows all about the reasons too for your absence.

Love and support for you always,

Is it because of the Royal Visit ?

The forerunner to the current visit was a less formal, "dry run" by another noble couple about a year ago.

So impressed were the earlier visitors that the Royal visit was swiftly approved after extra security measures were put in place though it transpires that the flocking crowds attending the events for Will, Kate and the royal sprogs were less well attended than the first couple's visit.

Well it's really no surprise thinking about it.

And that was before THAT film !!

Brother Hum,

Thanks for the support! It means a lot! Xo

I must say...the Royal first visit was a splendid way to smooth the way ahead for Wills and Katie. Was so nice for the first Royal couple to share what they learned about the deep north...no slush on the boots or frost bitten noses, or moose attacks! And a great time was had by all! Haha!

Ragnar,

The Galapagos sounds like an amazing trip! Did you get to see the Comodo dragons? It's on the bucket list!!! Thanks for the detailed info!

"Did you get to see the Comodo dragons?"

Komodo Dragons are found on the other side of the planet from the Galapagos, on certain Indonesian islands.

The Galapagos has the smaller, purely vegitarian, "marine iguanas". We saw lots of them! Very prehistoric looking (like ho-hum).

Go careful with that knee now Raggy.

Don't want some Neanderthal go knockin' into it !

Go careful with that knee now Raggy.

Don't want some Neanderthal go knockin' into it !

Glad to see youe read every word of my posts:)

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow. Tomorrow, you're only a day away!"

-- Tomorrow I can consume the elixer of life again!!! In thinking long and hard on what shall be my first sip of God's gift to humanity. I have decided to hit our local, family run mexican place for crispy shredded beef tacos and their fantastic margaritas :D Only two, as my liver is out of practice....

Glad to see youe read every word of my posts:)

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow. Tomorrow, you're only a day away!"

-- Tomorrow I can consume the elixer of life again!!! In thinking long and hard on what shall be my first sip of God's gift to humanity. I have decided to hit our local, family run mexican place for crispy shredded beef tacos and their fantastic margaritas :D Only two, as my liver is out of practice....

Your fortitude is admirable sir !

Please sir, can we have our ol' Raggy back ?

Dearest hum,

thanks a lot for the "frigging ramble" - this one has much more words than gcmv knows English vocabulary ... ;)

There is a new waiter onboard SDII from Austria.

He worked on E2.

He hated it.

"Cold", he said.

Perhaps he did a cruise to Spitzbergen? Next time he should go to the Med ... :D

Now what Hum also loves about SD is the fact that most guests are cosmopolitan, international minded or just plain home lovin', decent folks and the size of the bally vessel means you are more likely to chat than on the equivalent behemoths like New York city on water.

100 % agreement! But Baron and Baroness met the same folks on WS as well, combined with a "soul" of the staff and the ship itself!

Sorry, only two chums where missing to be outstanding: Hum and blondie ... ;)

H would love to join you and the Baroness on a "taster" (3 day cruise) on E2 but that would be to predominantly to meet up with you dearest chums.

Better make it sooner rather than later as we hear the German economy is about to "tank".

So you don't think there are issues on the new modern ships too.

Hmmmmm..........

That's what we all thought about Volkswagen cars !!!!!

How wrong we all were.

Haha

It's too late - Barons poke is already empty - too many repairs of Baroness Eos Volkswagen this year.

But hum and blondie must come to Heidelberg castle, so we can have a great time together!!! Come on - give a start!

Remember your own words, old chap: "Whereever you and Frau gcmv are, you will always have fun ..." ;)

This sentence hits the nail right onto the head - it became our new life motto!

Edited by gcmv

Blondie was Witness at Sanje's wedding (former SDII Housekeeper).

She also became "Godmother": second in line of importance after Sanje's mother !

She is now viewed as a family member !

She feels very privileged. H feels very privileged.

What a wedding !

IMG_1417_zpsorm3wxeq.jpg

Dearest hum,

thanks a lot for the "frigging ramble" - this one has much more words than gcmv knows English vocabulary ... ;)

So sorry Baron.

Perhaps he did a cruise to Spitzbergen? Next time he should go to the Med ... :D

The waiter was referring to the mood (stimmung) of the ship (not temperature).

100 % agreement! But Baron and Baroness met the same folks on WS as well, combined with a "soul" of the staff and the ship itself!

Sorry, only two chums where missing to be outstanding: Hum and blondie ... ;)

Hum fully accepts your word about WS.

Does E2 have "soul" ?

It's too late - Barons poke is already empty - too many repairs of Baroness Eos Volkswagen this year.

But hum and blondie must come to Heidelberg castle, so we can have a great time together!!! Come on - give a start!

Remember your own words, old chap: "Whereever you and Frau gcmv are, you will always have fun ..." ;)

This sentence hits the nail right onto the head - it became our new life motto!

Hum has never been to Germany !

We would love to come !

She also became "Godmother": second in line of importance after Sanje's mother !

What a wedding !

IMG_1417_zpsorm3wxeq.jpg

Quite a WOW! picture Mr. Hum. Who took it? I know it can't be you as it would involve putting down your champagne....that and a steady hand.....:eek::D

Quite a WOW! picture Mr. Hum. Who took it? I know it can't be you as it would involve putting down your champagne....that and a steady hand.....:eek::D

Dammit your good !

Inspector Avery of the Yard solves another case,

Haha

Wow, was Glamour magazine there to document the occasion?

"Your fortitude is admirable sir !

Please sir, can we have our ol' Raggy back ?"

On the road to recovery. Today at lunch I began the process of getting my blood alcohol level back to a nice and steady 0.08% :D Had a marg and an IPA - at the same time! Mrs D is plainly happy at my return to the land of the living!

IMG_2807.jpg.2ee329571c5678d2d8905c018e1b3b7c.jpg

I suspect that would be the Yard House, with their yard long glasses of beer!

PS - It's funny, after being in the hospital, and then home-bound, for six weeks, and with all the fine wines we have stored, and all the great restaurants around, that for my first drink, and meal out, I chose chips/salsa, tacos, and margaritas (with a Sculpin IPA thrown in when I spied the tap handle...). The simple things in life are often the best :)

Hum has never been to Germany !

We would love to come !

Please let us know early - the Baron and his Baroness are looking forward to seeing and hugging both of you.

Barons wine cellar is full of secrets that need to be discovered ... ;)

"Hum has never been to Germany !"

With all the world travels you have recounted, or alluded to, on these boards, how is it you have not visited a major country that is practically in your back yard??? My God man, even ol' Ragnar has traveled extensively in Germany, coming all the way from California. Hofbräuhaus!

If I lived in England, I'd pop over to München for every Oktoberfest!

What a wedding !

IMG_1417_zpsorm3wxeq.jpg

Ho Hum,

Gorgeous picture! What a special occasion! Nothing like being accepted as family!...what an honour It is!

Danny and I feel that same about our St.Lucian family!

Xo

"Hum has never been to Germany !"

With all the world travels you have recounted, or alluded to, on these boards, how is it you have not visited a major country that is practically in your back yard??? My God man, even ol' Ragnar has traveled extensively in Germany, coming all the way from California. Hofbräuhaus!

If I lived in England, I'd pop over to München for every Oktoberfest!

Oh so sorry !

H has never been to Merkeland !

Wrist duly slapped.

It has just has never appealed: suppose our countries are too similar.

But Heidelberg !

The Baron & Baronness !

Close to France and nice region in that whole general area.

That is tempting.

Very, very tempting.

A long way to go for a gassy beer and having to dress in leiderhausen !

Despite rumours, Hum is a conservative dresser.

When is the Oktoberfest ?

Just wanted to add, that our Florida SD chums (who travel on ALL the cruise ships) said that WINDSTAR has "soul"; comprising as it does of crew of long standing and personality.

Just wanted to be fair.

And of course they love Sea Dream.

Not so complimentary about "atmosphere" about one luxury ship though.

And just popped into the email folder is a message from Sea Dream.

If you are not subscribed, you really should be.

Follow this link for joining if you are not already subscribed for updates etc...

LINK: http://www.seadream.com/?Brltz

Seems SD have been awarded best boutique ship (for SDI & SDII in 1st & 2nd).

And highly commended for food too among 4 others.

Well done SD !!

The ajudicator from Berlitz visited the ship (SDII) when Hum was onboard: he deducted points for the behaviour of certain passengers (HH & Blondie) otherwise SDII would have been Number 1 !

Oooops sorry......... some people love Hum's singing and Blondie dancing on tables at TOYB !!!

Just wanted to add, that our Florida SD chums (who travel on ALL the cruise ships) said that WINDSTAR has "soul"; comprising as it does of crew of long standing and personality.

Just wanted to be fair.

And of course they love Sea Dream.

Not so complimentary about "atmosphere" about one luxury ship though.

And just popped into the email folder is a message from Sea Dream.

If you are not subscribed, you really should be.

Follow this link for joining if you are not already subscribed for updates etc...

LINK: http://www.seadream.com/?Brltz

Seems SD have been awarded best boutique ship (for SDI & SDII in 1st & 2nd).

And highly commended for food too among 4 others.

Well done SD !!

The ajudicator from Berlitz visited the ship (SDII) when Hum was onboard: he deducted points for the behaviour of certain passengers (HH & Blondie) otherwise SDII would have been Number 1 !

Oooops sorry......... some people love Hum's singing and Blondie dancing on tables at TOYB !!!

Ho Hum,

We have not been on every cruise boat but we have been on enough to know the difference! And Seadream certainly deserves the awards!

The perfect combination of terrific food, number 1 service and table top dancing extraordinaire! Haha...