Carnival Triumph compares to?

drvmywifecrzy

I have sailed Conquest and Valor (post dry dock)? How does Triumph compare? Hopefully some expert carnival sailor can kinda give me a ranking. After starting cruising I do not want a dumpy ship but just kinda want to know what flaws the ship has.

Of course the legacy here is this was the ship several years ago that got stuck in the gulf

The Triumph is more comparable to the Miracle, Destiny or Spirit, ships built just prior to the Conquest class that includes the Valor. It's not as "dumpy" as the Fantasy class, to use your adjective.

I last sailed the Triumph in 2006, so with all the additions and changes in the last 10 yrs, my opinion of the ship is probably not valid.

Edited by evandbob

If you've been on Conquest and Valor, then you will be right at home on Triumph. The Conquest ships are just lengthened versions of it. The lido deck is almost identical, the promenade, everything. The Triumph just doesn't have the steakhouse and a few other things that the Conquest class has. Ive been on the Triumph twice, once before the incident in the gulf and once after, but it's been a couple of years since he most recent time. Greatly enjoyed both cruises, and the decor on the Triumph is one of my favorites. Would go on it again in a heartbeat.

I was on the Triumph two weeks ago. It compares to the Destiny and Victory and a smaller version of the Conquest.

It just recently came out of dry dock and got the Alchemy bar, Blue Ignana, Guys, and the two Lido bars. Other than that nothing new as far as decor and such.

The ship was clean and I enjoyed myself but you could see in some spots where they maybe should have painted or replaced tile, etc.

I have not sailed on Triumph since 2008, well before the 2.0 upgrades. She is the same class as Victory, the only ships in the Triumph class. I was not bowled over and I did much prefer the Legend over Triumph. But then again, a cruise is a cruise is a cruise and no matter what beats the heck out of a day at work!

I have sailed Triumph three times, both before and after the incident.

The most recent was this April.

Actually I liked it better before the upgrades.

I was not too impressed with Blue Iguana and Guys.

So far Triumph is my favorite Carnival ship.

It is much like Conquest, but better, to me anyway.

I have done a many cruises on Carnival, so I believe that I have basis for comparison.

Edited by mzloolue