Is a 10:55 AM flight from FLL manageable?

hiccups

If this is for the Saturday or Sunday around Christmas or New Years, I would not attempt this. Security will be a nightmare.

Any other time of the month and you would be fine.

I agree. I should have asked which weekend before saying no problem. Family cruising/flying around the holiday weekends can make everything take longer and be crazier.:p

Edited by eandj

If this is for the Saturday or Sunday around Christmas or New Years, I would not attempt this. Security will be a nightmare.

Any other time of the month and you would be fine.

We'd be returning on Saturday the 17th.

We'd be returning on Saturday the 17th.

I would check the port Everglades site to see how many ships will be in port that day, too. I recall a couple of really horrible times where people have reported back upwards of 8 ships in port, thousands and thousands of people trying to get taxis from port to airport, long, long waits, and it seems to happen in early to mid December sometimes.

I recall one year it happened on Dec 14th and the preceding year around the 8th. (This was approx 2 and 3 years ago) It struck me, as I thought it would be a quieter time since it was between thanksgiving and Christmas. I recall many people reporting on the boards that they almost or did miss flights, even some people who were scheduled to fly out at noon missed flights.

UPDATE: it appears that three ships will be in port on 12/17. and 8 ships on the next day

http://www.cruiseportschedules.com/Cruise_Ship_Schedules/Cruise_Ports/United_States/Fort_Lauderdale_Florida_Cruise_Port_Schedule.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I would check the port Everglades site to see how many ships will be in port that day, too. I recall a couple of really horrible times where people have reported back upwards of 8 ships in port, thousands and thousands of people trying to get taxis from port to airport, long, long waits, and it seems to happen in early to mid December sometimes.

I recall one year it happened on Dec 14th and the preceding year around the 8th. (This was approx 2 and 3 years ago) It struck me, as I thought it would be a quieter time since it was between thanksgiving and Christmas. I recall many people reporting on the boards that they almost or did miss flights, even some people who were scheduled to fly out at noon missed flights.

UPDATE: it appears that three ships will be in port on 12/17. and 8 ships on the next day

http://www.cruiseportschedules.com/Cruise_Ship_Schedules/Cruise_Ports/United_States/Fort_Lauderdale_Florida_Cruise_Port_Schedule.html

Thanks for the schedule. I was happy to note that my Wed. arrival in Dec. was the only ship in port, so getting a 11:40 am flight should not be a problem (I assume).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! We had looked at cruises that coming back on the 18th, but the airfare was a lot more expensive that day so we found a Saturday return.