Is it possible to upgrade after Final Payment?

zaknzoey

For a 7-day cruise the 18% for 2 people is only $199.08. There must have been some misunderstanding about the price per person for the upgrade itself, it cannot have been just $40.

I would have been refunded my prepaid gratuities and soda package since they were now included. But since only one of us would be drinking alcohol, it wasn't worth it.

April 17 on BREAKAWAY upgraded from deck 5 oceanview to deck 12 mid ship balcony for $54 then on April 13 Upsell department upgrade to H4 2 bedroom villa for $2000 more 1000 each worth every penny. For $1000 more could have had H1 owners suite but I waited too long and it was gone. Also my promotion never changed and my reservations all carried over! It depends on supply and demand = deals if there are empty cabins.

Congratulations on your upsells. BTW there is no H1 on BA, H2 = DOS and H3 = OS. You are probably better off in the H4.

The simple answer is yes.

I called yesterday to upgrade to a suite for week 1 and then keep my original balcony for the next 2 weeks. This is a repo cruise with Burmuda added for the first week. Next 2 weeks are the repo.

My DS is sailing with me from Boston to Bermuda and return to Boston. Then I leave Boston solo and the repo begins.

My PCC is absolutely terrific and made some calls. The result was simple. The changes would cost lots of $$$$. We are 36 days out and she could not recommend the changes.

It would have been a great cruise for us, but my original reservation came at good price and I'm not that foolish. We'll still have a great time:)

Yes, I did this two days ago, we sail in 8 days. Upgraded from a balcony to Haven 2 bedroom suite! Paid the difference between my original booking to the new price kept my old promos and got the other two as well.

It is the first trip since my Dad died and we are taking my Mum with us so I want it to be special for her.

The price was very good never thought we could ever afford the Haven.

Also got to pick the cabin

Edited by SullytheBFG
adition

If there are price drops AFTER final payment, and you see, for example, that a balcony cabin is now only $50 pp higher than you paid for an Ocean View, can you call and pay the difference and upgrade to the balcony?

Or is that considered a new reservation? :confused::(

Thanks CC!!!

I do this all the time. Two weeks before departure, I always upgrade from an inside to a balcony for only a few hundred dollars. I contact my travel agent and he contacts NCL. If the ship is not full there is no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I thought I'd give an update on this.

Just called tonight when I saw the price drop for balconies for only $80 more. Was able to upgrade to a BB Balcony, like 3 rooms away from the "Mid-Ship" balconies, from a Porthole Ocean View, OF.

Kept the same promotions/amenities. :D There was never a "I'm not sure, I'll see what I can do...I'll have to talk to a supervisor" or anything like that. There was never a mention of being after final payment.

This was for the Dawn cruise for Dec 11th. I actually still plan to upgrade further. Maybe through the upsell dept later on, to a regular suite. I don't think Dawn is doing the bidding program yet, so I may have a shot at that.

Our first NCL cruise was last year and we did the upsell to Owner's Suite with two balconies, so I'm spoiled right off the bat! :p

• 3 months later...