Travel agency cancelled my Celebrity booking without permission - any suggestions?

FengShui@Sea

Many years ago ( before using internet) I booked a Celebrity cruise with a TA that kept my deposit check too long. Booked about a year in advance for a Xmas week cruise. Celebrity cancelled my cruise. When the TA did give Celebrity the deposit. the cabin that I had chosen(midship)was not available. Instead without my knowing, the TA rebooked another cabin. When I got an invoice for the final payment, I noticed that the cabin no. had changed. I called the TA and was told that Celebrity did it. I called Celebrity. They told me the real story. TA said that it really didn't matter where the cabin was ( new cabin was at the bow) and that the ship was sold out. And, if I cancelled, there were no available cruises with open cabins that week. She was right about the sold out ship. I cancelled that cruise. Booked another cruise with a different TA for the same week. When talking to Celebrity, I was told to always use a credit card and call Celebrity to make sure that the payments were received by them. That happened more than 20 years ago and I still get mail from that terrible TA.

This happened to us on our 1st cruise, eerie how similar the events are. Only difference it was for our anniversary and we kept the cabin in the bow.

Celebrity decided which B2B cruises qualify for this deduction. We utilized it in April/May for TA cruise, followed by a Med cruise. But Celebrity will not honor it for our upcoming Med. cruise, followed by a TA, in three weeks.

No consistency by Celebrity. Not a big surprise either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never received anything additional for a B2B, with the exception of the hotel perk that no longer exists if there is a night between your two sailings.

For an upcoming B2B our friends got the discount and we didn't.

My TA called, was turned down and then I called and was turned down.

:( :confused: :(

Celebrity decided which B2B cruises qualify for this deduction. We utilized it in April/May for TA cruise, followed by a Med cruise. But Celebrity will not honor it for our upcoming Med. cruise, followed by a TA, in three weeks.

No consistency by Celebrity. Not a big surprise either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does this and the following posts about b2b discounts have anything to do with the topic of this thread?

DON