Anyone Ever NOT Gotten Seasick The First Cruises, Then Did On Another?

NewAddict

Yep. Normally I have no issue. No problem on Jubilee '97, nor on numerous boats since then. Nor on the first part of our trip in January this year on Splendor. But on the second to last day (sea day), I definitely woke up feeling very queasy. Took Bonine and took it easy all morning and was better by lunchtime.

Nope never have , but if you do get sick just be careful if you lean over the rail ,you could fall over board .;) Also be aware of the decks below you, balcony dwellers will have a Hissy fit :D

The good news is there will be little white bags taped around the elevators for those that don't make it.

Edited by BoDidly

I didn't get seasick on my first cruise, but I did get seasick on the latter half of my second cruise. But I think it was more from a combination of things then just the ocean. I was having some stomach issues prior to cruising and then we did the Rhythms of the Night Tour in Puerto Vallarta and we had such horrible seas on the ride over to the island. More than half of the little boat we were on was seasick. Needless to say that ruined the entire excursion for me. (I was feeling a little better on the ride back, enough to at least enjoy the ride.) After this excursion my stomach still stayed kinda queasy throughout the rest of the cruise. :(

I think we also might have went through a storm one of the nights though, so i'm sure that didn't help anything.

I have been on 10 cruises..I don't get sea sick....but I do have SEA LEGS after I get off the ship! Usually lasts for up to a week after I get off the ship....no biggy! Last April however I went on a 10 day cruise and the "sea legs" lasted for over a MONTH! I WAS ACTUALLY GETTING WORRIED THAT IT WOULD NEVER GO AWAY...When it lasts a long time like that...they call it "MAL DE DEBARKQUEMENT SYNDRONE'...Thank goodness, it went away!

Our 1st cruise No sea sick issues.

On 2nd my hubby & I felt "odd" on embarkation day & the 1st day. The boat rocking was very pronounced to us enough that we had weird affects: weird balance issues, our heads felt "not right", almost felt nauseated.

He & I took Sudafed & some Advil and found things improved a ton. We think that the seas were a bit rocky combined with some seasonal allergies messed us up. Fortunately with the sea air and once the storm passed (on top of us on a walking tour of Nassau :p - but that's for another post) we were just fine.

BUT I always carry Sudafed, Mucinex, Bonnie and Advil, just in case.

Aside from cruising through a storm or rough seas... Anyone ever been through a whole cruise or cruises without getting seasick, then got seasick on another cruise?

I got sick this past February on the last sea day of a 5 day cruise. I couldn't even stomach the thought of taking a Ginger tablet or Bonine after I had thrown up 5 times. I finally made it up to the middle of the ship on a higher floor and felt better the rest of the day, plus the captain moved us out from some rough water. People kept asking if it was my first cruise and I said no, it's my fifth cruise....first time sick. I get horrible motion sickness in cars and cruised prepared. This one just crept up on us. Guess it just depends on the day. It was a smaller ship, storm coming in and we were at the lowest deck. I always get "land sickness" when I come home from cruises, this time I did not. Guess I got it out of my system :)

Yep, but I now know my triggers.

If I see something and experience something else (watching DD play a driving arcade game in swells) or tight vibrations (being near the putt-putt motors on some tenders) will do me in every time.

Ships in seas don't bother me.

It doesn't count as seasickness but all of my cruises so far have resulted in the "we're rolling side to side but I'm the only one in the party who seems to feel it... and it feels like I've had 5 margaritas when I've yet to have one" sensation when in transit between locations. :p

It's mostly in the stateroom hallway. I mention it to my parents and they look at me like I'm crazy. (Which is probably true.. but I find it odd they don't feel anything and I seem to.)

It wasn't so bad on the most recent cruise... but it was very noticeable on the first Carnival one in 2013.

Only time I ever got sick was my first cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. I wasn't the only one. Lots of people not doing well that day. I didn't think I was going to make it to Brunch and a cabin crawl that a bunch of us from CC had set up. DH had to wait until the shops were open to buy me some Dramamine. It was horrible. That was my 4th cruise and knock on wood I haven't been sick since.

My first cruise was western caribbean out of Miami and did not experience any sea sickness. Second cruise was caribbean out of NYC and felt a little nausea on the second day, felt better on the third day once we left the Atlantic Ocean and was in the Caribbean. I had a glass of wine on the first night, I was not use to drinking at that point of my life and thought that I didn't feel good because of the wine. Third cruise was NYC to Canada and I was sick before dinner on the first night. I finally realized that I get sea sick and wear a scopolamine patch. A few cruises later I decided that I would try to go without the patch on my mediterranean cruise thinking that the water would be calmer, only to be sick on the third day during a snorkeling excursion. I now wear the patch the entire cruise.