Equinox Bistro On Five?

swooldri

No interest there, to bad they couldn't have a chain restaurant ala Bobby Flays, Gordon Ramsey or Giada or even place like Jimmy Buffets etc

Just a thought I know other ships have these already but Bistro on Five or Sushi on 5 aren't generally busy and a recognizable name might help fill the place

We returned last week from being aboard the Equinox for 13 nights. We purchased a specialty dining package. It didn't matter what restaurants we used it for.

For what it's worth, we loved Sushi on 5 and much prefer it over Bistro on 5. We had lunch and dinner there but it was NOT required that it be one of the restaurants we used the package for.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that you are referring to a 3 night or 5 night package rather than the ultimate dining where all meals can be eaten in specialty restaurants. Did you purchase the package after you boarded? If so, was the price the same as the pre-cruise price?

Laura

Was also included in our package on Eclipse a couple of weeks ago. We had lunch in there a few times when Luminae wasn't open. I've never posted pics here before but will try to attach a couple of the non-sushi dishes!

40f98e681496da997e3a0045ea55381b.jpg4f1201d70aa8d79e720c399d1952004c.jpg4b094755040a7fed5f9538d19755ab5a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could you indicate what these are and what it would cost for a lite lunch? Dh does not do sushi but not sure this would appeal to him either.,?????

Could you indicate what these are and what it would cost for a lite lunch? Dh does not do sushi but not sure this would appeal to him either.,?????

Prices are on Celebrity's website; from left-to-right it looks like Chicken Ginger Gyoza (dumplings - $7), BBQ Pork Ramen ($9) and Lobster Ramen ($12).

Edited by Gonzo70

Prices are on Celebrity's website; from left-to-right it looks like Chicken Ginger Gyoza (dumplings - $7), BBQ Pork Ramen ($9) and Lobster Ramen ($12).

Thank you....dh allergic to shelfish but the other items look ok,....still preferred Bistro as it was...we went a few times each cruise. We'll probably skip it this time around.

I am sure Gordon would be delighted to have his Michelin star restaurants referred to as chain restaurants and Bobby too.:eek:

According to Wikipedia Ramsey is associated with 21 restaurants. 6 of which have Michelin stars. Although I agree with you that they are not a chain.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that you are referring to a 3 night or 5 night package rather than the ultimate dining where all meals can be eaten in specialty restaurants. Did you purchase the package after you boarded? If so, was the price the same as the pre-cruise price?

Laura

We purchased as we were boarding. It was a four night package for $120. Looking back I'm not sure we would have purchased a package as a I had forgotten that when we booked the cruise suites were receiving two specialty dinners as a perk (at least). We dined in specialty restaurants five nights and Luminae the other nights.

Wow, I hope you are talking about 4 people and not just 2!

$40 for lunch for 2 , little steep , especially when lunch is free pretty much around the ship. I like sushi, but not that much.

I just got off the Summit and Sushi on 5 was busy to my surprise so I guess Celebrity made a smart move. I will never go there as yes indeed it will cost $30-40 PER PERSON as rolls average $10 and apps $8. Then if you want to drink.... $40 for two you will leave hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums