Two negatives of drink packages

Robinola

Two negatives of drink packages (not to be negative, but what was what I thought of)....

Having a drink package takes away from the excitement of being Diamond class will the Diamond Lounge, with the free drinks and vouchers...why bother, now?

Secondly, I thought of how many people will be less inclined to buy extra drinks on the islands the ship docks at.

Is it worth thinking about?

Edited by Robinola

We looked at the drinks packages available on our Princess cruise and found them to be prohibitively priced, especially as we are not big drinkers. $USD59 per day? I would be unlikely to drink that much in a month.

Anyway I dug around online and came up with this fairly recent comparison of the various cruise lines' offerings:

http://www.cruisepassenger.com.au/drink-packages-are-they-worth-it/

We are diamond and rarely go to the lounge because unfortunately, because of the limited offerings, there is nothing I like. I do not like any type of wine and have Celiac so cannot drink the beer they offer, and really do not drink the choice of booze either. Occasionally, very, very rarely, I will have a screwdriver, but I typically only drink Malibu (pretty picky, I know) or frozen drinks. Even if something is free, I am not going to drink it if I don't like it just for the sake of it being free. I am not a huge drinker to start with and do not like strong booze.

So, we do the package and just go to one of the other lounges for a drink before dinner and enjoy the music. Frees up a couple of chairs in the lounge for someone else :)

Two negatives of drink packages (not to be negative, but what was what I thought of)....

Having a drink package takes away from the excitement of being Diamond class will the Diamond Lounge, with the free drinks and vouchers...why bother, now?

Secondly, I thought of how many people will be less inclined to buy extra drinks on the islands the ship docks at.

Is it worth thinking about?

NO......:eek:

We looked at the drinks packages available on our Princess cruise and found them to be prohibitively priced, especially as we are not big drinkers. $USD59 per day? I would be unlikely to drink that much in a month.

Anyway I dug around online and came up with this fairly recent comparison of the various cruise lines' offerings:

http://www.cruisepassenger.com.au/drink-packages-are-they-worth-it/

The link is not working

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I find myself annoyed about the change to the drink packages, and wonder if/how long it will take them to change again. I'm especially annoyed they charge different prices for different sailings. We will be on Enchantment in December and the "sale" price is $48/day, whereas Liberty next June is showing $46/day. Why the difference??

I think we'll bite the bullet, but it's leaving a sour "taste" in my mouth...:(

I find myself annoyed about the change to the drink packages, and wonder if/how long it will take them to change again. I'm especially annoyed they charge different prices for different sailings. We will be on Enchantment in December and the "sale" price is $48/day, whereas Liberty next June is showing $46/day. Why the difference??

I think we'll bite the bullet, but it's leaving a sour "taste" in my mouth...:(

so $14 is leaving a bad taste in your mouth ? If money is that tight or important on your vacation downgrade or reconsider cruising. Thats less that .50 a day for 1 month :rolleyes:

so $14 is leaving a bad taste in your mouth ? If money is that tight or important on your vacation downgrade or reconsider cruising. Thats less that .50 a day for 1 month :rolleyes:

I don't get the inconsistency. And I don't like that they did away with options. If money was that tight I wouldn't be cruising.