Transportation from Port Canaveral to DisneyWorld

bala1130

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral on the Oasis in Feb '17. We are heading to WDW when we get off the cruise on Sunday. I'm assuming the Disney Magical Express isn't an option from the RCL dock, but what are some options for getting from the Port to a Disney hotel? I was thinking about a bus to the Orlando Airport, then get on the magical Express. Since it will be early in the morning the extra time this will take isn't a big deal. Ideas?

If you book a one way car from National or Alamo, you can drop it off right onsite at WDW.

Or, your idea is good too. Just take a shuttle or the cruise line's transportation to MCO, then take the Magical Express. Be sure to add Magical Express to your Disney reservation first. It's free, but they need to have you on the list.

Would anyone know how much a RCI transfer to the airport would cost and roughly how long.

We are stopping at WDW after our cruise but our hotel the Dolphin although Disney isn't official Disney so doesn't have the Magical Express.

I was thinking it might make financial sense to get to the airport on the transfer and then from there book transport.

I've done some digging around on the internet and a booked transfer to the hotel is roughly $80 dollars from the airport for the three of us or $175 from the Port.

As I'm from across the pond I dont fancy driving so any tips/info any locals may have would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Tin can

Would anyone know how much a RCI transfer to the airport would cost and roughly how long....

RC charges $37.50 per person. The trip takes 45-60 min. Unknown how long you have to wait for the trip to begin.

Would anyone know how much a RCI transfer to the airport would cost and roughly how long.

We are stopping at WDW after our cruise but our hotel the Dolphin although Disney isn't official Disney so doesn't have the Magical Express.

I was thinking it might make financial sense to get to the airport on the transfer and then from there book transport.

I've done some digging around on the internet and a booked transfer to the hotel is roughly $80 dollars from the airport for the three of us or $175 from the Port.

As I'm from across the pond I dont fancy driving so any tips/info any locals may have would be very much appreciated.

It should be quicker and cheaper just to take a car service from your resort to your hotel.

I'm surprised that the Magical Express doesn't go to the Dolphin. I would think Swan/Dolphin would be the same as any other resort. An alternative would be to take DME to the Yacht Club. It's the next resort over and an easy walk if you don't have a ton of luggage.

I would call the Dolphin hotel and ask them how to get there from the airport? You are certainly not the first person who has wanted to get there.

I'm surprised that the Magical Express doesn't go to the Dolphin. I would think Swan/Dolphin would be the same as any other resort. An alternative would be to take DME to the Yacht Club. It's the next resort over and an easy walk if you don't have a ton of luggage.

The Swan and Dolphin are not WDW resorts, but guests staying there get some perks because they are on property.

And for the above poster, they want to get from the port to the hotel. Car service seems the logical choice.

We are doing this in a couple of weeks - although to a different WDW resort. We booked a shared shuttle through Travelynx (now called Stylus), they have good reviews on yelp and are mentioned often here on CC. For 4 of us, it was $150. They said there could be up to 3 other drop-offs. All in all, we were much happier with this idea than navigating our luggage around at Orlando airport, even with the potential for a couple of other drop-offs, I think our commute time with be less.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral on the Oasis in Feb '17. We are heading to WDW when we get off the cruise on Sunday. I'm assuming the Disney Magical Express isn't an option from the RCL dock, but what are some options for getting from the Port to a Disney hotel? I was thinking about a bus to the Orlando Airport, then get on the magical Express. Since it will be early in the morning the extra time this will take isn't a big deal. Ideas?

(FWIW, actual "magical express" doesn't go from the port anyway. It's the paid DCL bus transfer.)

You can either go from the port to MCO by paid transport of some sort, then get Magical Express to your WDW resort...OR just go from the port to WDW. I personally would get a rental car because that's my preference. But there are towncar companies out there.

I would find one of the towncar companies and just use them.

We are doing this in a couple of weeks - although to a different WDW resort. We booked a shared shuttle through Travelynx (now called Stylus), they have good reviews on yelp and are mentioned often here on CC. For 4 of us, it was $150. They said there could be up to 3 other drop-offs. All in all, we were much happier with this idea than navigating our luggage around at Orlando airport, even with the potential for a couple of other drop-offs, I think our commute time with be less.

Did you price out a private town car? I would think the price would be similar, and faster.

Did you price out a private town car? I would think the price would be similar, and faster.

Yes, we did, with several companies and the price was actually quite a bit more (we have 2 adults and 2 kids and some town cars are limited to 3 passengers). We found it at a similar price with a couple of companies that are not well-reviewed but thought it better to not take a chance. At most, it would be 3 other drop offs (all in the same general area) which means obviously it could be less and who knows, we could be the first drop off or the last, we were fine with that. For the cost savings and hassle savings of not going to the airport first, it seems like a good fit for us.

We needed a ride from Disney to the Port for a Royal Cruise this past spring break. If you search mouse savers(Disney), then transportation discounts, then limo you will find reasonable transfers as well as some estimated pricing. We booked an excursion/expedition vehicle for the 4 of us for less than $200 USD one way and we were permitted a very short stop which we did not need to use.

If Dolphin isn't part of the Magic Express then I wouldn't even consider it. The trip would be to convoluted.

Last time we left the port it took about 20 minutes for the ships shuttle to fill up and 45 minutes to get to the airport. Once you got there you would have to gather your bags and then find the ME location, then once you got to a transportation hub at DW you would have to gather your bags again and take the resort bus service to the Dolphin (NOT WORTH IT).

Last year we did a car service from the Coronado Springs to the port and it was $140. Granted that was just two of us and we only had a town car. I have used limos.com several times and have a couple of pending reservations with them for next month. They have always offered multiple choices at reasonable rates.

We also used UBER several times when we moved from a Universal Hotel to a Disney Hotel and then for a couple of dinners. It worked great and you can request a "black" car with UBER that will hold more the just three or four people.

Keep in mind the airport is about half way between the port and DW. So it's about 45 min in either direction but more like 90 min from port to DW.

• 1 month later...

How did Travelynx end up working for you??

How did Travelynx end up working for you??

Perfect, no complaints at all. The driver was 5 minutes early picking us up and got us to the port on-time and safely. On the way back, we had a shared shuttle with them (that's the only way they do it from the port) and it worked fine. We had to wait about 20 minutes but they are running shuttles regularly so we didn't see it as a big deal. They dropped off those going to the airport first and then took us to our hotel. I would say it took about an hour. Drivers were courteous and safe and the vehicles were in good condition. Would book with them again.