Norwegian Dawn - suite tipping question

JillL

Yes...generally speaking, in the U.S. a 10% tip is considered "below acceptable" unless service provided was poor.

15% is acceptable, and I tip 20% and above for service that went above and beyond expectations.

On the 3 "....away" ships I've been on, two were in the Haven and one was in a solo cabin. One trip was a balcony cabin on the Epic.

Haven tipping.....

-Haven bartender-$50 (who knows how much we drank because we were on the Beverage Package. It was a lot, and she was wonderful, engaging and more than happy to serve whatever we could think of, quickly and made well)

-Haven Concierge-$100, both times our concierege got us seats for shows and restaurants which were unavailable....and the theater seats were the best in the house)

-Butler-$100, nothing he couldn't do for us, regardless of request. As just one example, he even found little sniker bite sized for us, which I doubted he could do.

-Room Steward-regardless of the cabin type-$50...at the start of the cruise....because s/he was always perfect in demeanor and couldn't have given any better cleaning services in an unobtrusive, friendly manner.

Bartenders and restaurant waitstaff throughout the ship....$1/drink or $5 per meal (don't care what anyone says about the 18% fee). I always recieved top notch service and never wanted or waited for any drink or special food request.

Wine steward-nothing-never drank wine.

Maitre'D-nothing...never used him for anything.

Edited by graphicguy

Yes...generally speaking, in the U.S. a 10% tip is considered "below acceptable" unless service provided was poor.

15% is acceptable, and I tip 20% and above for service that went above and beyond expectations.

On the 3 "....away" ships I've been on, two were in the Haven and one was in a solo cabin. One trip was a balcony cabin on the Epic.

Haven tipping.....

-Haven bartender-$50 (who knows how much we drank because we were on the Beverage Package. It was a lot, and she was wonderful, engaging and more than happy to serve whatever we could think of, quickly and made well)

-Haven Concierge-$100, both times our concierege got us seats for shows and restaurants which were unavailable....and the theater seats were the best in the house)

-Butler-$100, nothing he couldn't do for us, regardless of request. As just one example, he even found little sniker bite sized for us, which I doubted he could do.

-Room Steward-regardless of the cabin type-$50...at the start of the cruise....because s/he was always perfect in demeanor and couldn't have given any better cleaning services in an unobtrusive, friendly manner.

Bartenders and restaurant waitstaff throughout the ship....$1/drink or $5 per meal (don't care what anyone says about the 18% fee). I always recieved top notch service and never wanted or waited for any drink or special food request.

Wine steward-nothing-never drank wine.

Maitre'D-nothing...never used him for anything.

I personally consider that reasonable/appropriate tipping (for two guests). That is almost exactly what we do, but haven't stayed in the Haven. However, we don't need their services very much. We do appreciate them being available and anxious to assist if needed. I think yours is the ballpark average regarding tipping.