Port arrival excursions

Alzarine

I am wondering if it is possible in the Hawaiian islands to book private excursions on your port arrival day. We are sailing to Hawaii, Oahu, Kauaii,and Maui in October. Are there places close to the ship where one may book a day excursion ?

I hesitate in booking a specific tour way ahead of time when on that particular day, we may or may not feel like snorkeling, or biking, or kayaking or riding a bus etc.

You understand what I mean ? Or is it smarter to book a ship or private excursion ahead and just do what is on the day's roster. ?

Thanks for any advice 😀

Where are you coming ashore at Maui, Lahaina or Kahalui? I know in Lahaina, the marina where the tenders drop you (it is a tender port) there are many vendors for all the water related things- fishing, snorkeling, whale watching, etc. Not so much for land oriented tours, although if you wonder over to the main street, there are vendors (associated with the time share business) that can get you all the possible tours.