Need Opinion - Breakaway Specialty Restaurants

Feelin' Nauti'

Going to be sailing on the Breakaway

I have the SDP

Like to know your preference - favorite - least favorite of the following restaurants.

Moderno

Teppanyaki

Cagney's Steakhouse

Le Bistro

La Cucina

My Amenity Confirmation states I am entitled to 6 Meal Specialty Dining and would like to make reservations, I just don't know which ones to book.

Are certain days better than others?

Thanks in advance.

If you have 6 meals and you haven't tried any of the 5 you mentioned, it seems to me the question is which you should go to twice.

For that, decide after you've tried them all once.

Or that's what I would do. . .

Edited by Gregor4500

After experiencing the new menus in March this year, we have decided that unfortunately if we had the dining plan again, we would use all the credits to eat at Cagney's. On this last trip, we ate at Le Bistro and La Cucina in addition to Cagney's. On a previous cruise we also ate at Teppanyaki and Moderno. Personally we would not do those two again, but only because we have very good Japanese food and Brazilian BBQ's that we dine at regularly at home. I don't know if those two have changed since the menu/ala carte change, but if you have not dined at Moderno or Teppanyaki before and don't have those types of restaurants near your home, I would say try them out.

With regards to La Cucina and Le Bistro, it really seemed as if the ala carte/menu change made these two restaurants worse than MDR food. The service at Le Bistro was poor and unprofessional. The food was bad. I had the duck. It was a processed square of some weird bad tasting meat...maybe duck Spam ; ) DH did not like his food either, but I don't remember what he had. La Cucina the food was just okay and the portions were embarrassingly small. It was certainly worse in all aspects than Olive Garden or any other "Italian" chain.

Cagney's was amazing. The food, service, everything was stellar. If they have the tomahawk steak get that! We really would not mind dining there multiple times on a cruise instead of going to the other specialties.

You can't ask people what is best/worst. One will love Le Bistro and hate Cagney's and others the opposite. Some love Moderno, others have stated the meat wasn't that good. If you have a Benihana and a Brazilian Churrascaria then what is on the ship won't be of the same calibre.

Go and have a look at the menues on Beyond Ships and see what they offer that you might order and book accordingly.

Osso Bucco and a glass of red wine perhaps a merlot in La Cucina is my favorite meal in a NCL specialty restaurant... Bar none. Its all a matter of taste and we all seem to have different likes and preferences. I hope I don't have to jump ship too another cruise line when that is taken off the menu :cool:.

Edited by NH Cruisers

Going to be sailing on the Breakaway

I have the SDP

Like to know your preference - favorite - least favorite of the following restaurants.

Moderno

Teppanyaki

Cagney's Steakhouse

Le Bistro

La Cucina

My Amenity Confirmation states I am entitled to 6 Meal Specialty Dining and would like to make reservations' date=' I just don't know which ones to book.

Are certain days better than others?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

With your SDP, I would try all.