Port of Miami

dw64

Are there any places close to port to walk to , to get Manicure? How about get supplies between B2B cruises? We are use to Fort Lauderdale, where one can walk to get any number of things. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you look at a map covering Port of Miami, you will find Bayside Park. There is a shopping area (Bayside Marketplace). It is approximately a mile from Royal Caribbean terminal. Miami free trolley does go over the bridge. You would have to get off at the Arena or Freedom Tower stop and just walk south on Biscayne Blvd. You can also take the trolley back to the port, the stop is at Bayside and make sure you board the Coral Way Route on the return.

I do not know all they have, but it seemed like there was a variety of stores when we were there (http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/).

When I was still able to walk, I did walk over with my granddaughters and it is an easy walk.

Where in Minneapolis? I live in Crystal.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

While you can walk to Bayside and nearby drug stores, it is a long, hot walk with lots of traffic. Besides cruise ships POM handles lots of cargo, resulting in lots of truck traffic.

IMHO you are better off spending $10 for a taxi, or $6-8 for Uber.

You can find a list of stores for Bayside at their website.

Have a great cruise. :)

You can walk it and my wife and I have done it but we are avid walkers.

It is about one mile from the port over the bridge that is near Bayside.

If you need basic items there is a CVC across the street and over to the left near the Port Of Miami Holiday Inn. For more items there is a Publix but that would add anther mile to the walk.

If you are not big walkers than consider a taxi or even a taxi one way and walking the other way.

Walking the bridge itself is very safe. You walk on just one side of the bridge that has a large barricade between the walkway and the road. We've done it many times.

Keith

Are there any places close to port to walk to , to get Manicure? How about get supplies between B2B cruises? We are use to Fort Lauderdale, where one can walk to get any number of things. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, can be walked, but not worth it for only the $8.00 taxi ride.

Cheers.

BNT Nail Salon is on NE 3rd Street, and the CVS Pharmacy is 1/2 block away from the nail salon.

Thanks all for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

AAARRRGGHHH, all this and we forget to tell you about the free Miami Trolley. The Trolley stop is across from Terminal F at the port, supposed to run every 20 minutes, Sat 8A-11pm, Sunday 8A-8Pm, and it is free. it will take you to Downtown Miami and beyond.

Cheers.