Switching free at sea choice

Longstockingpippi1

I will call when NCL opens at 9am but in the meantime does NCL allow you to change your free at sea choice. I don't want the $50 port excursion credit that I signed up for but don't want to cancel my cruise and rebook. It is almost a sold out ship and I like the stateroom I have, just want to do our own shore excursions.

I will call when NCL opens at 9am but in the meantime does NCL allow you to change your free at sea choice. I don't want the $50 port excursion credit that I signed up for but don't want to cancel my cruise and rebook. It is almost a sold out ship and I like the stateroom I have, just want to do our own shore excursions.

Yes, call NCL and escalate to a supervisor if needed. Current promotions end today.

I just did this through my warehouse TA and they said NCL made them rebook.

This was pretty much 'instant' although the said there was an extremely small chance I could lose my cabin. I also had to increase the amount of my deposit

under new booking terms. So while not a big deal to me they (NCL) did not make it easy. Good luck

Easy change, as long as you are at least 48 hours prior to sailing and after final payment. It won't change the stateroom/reservation number. I've done it on two of my prior reservations through my PCC at Norwegian.

From the terms and conditions on the current promotion....

Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 48 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board. Bookings made within 48 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.

Of course if you have booked with an outside travel agency you do have to go back through them to make any changes to your reservation, because they own the reservation Norwegian wouldn't be able to make any adjustments.

Edited by Got Tequila?

You can choose a different perk from the choices that were available when you booked. Or you can simply refuse the perk.

Since you booked before the current promotion came out, you cannot switch the shorex credit for free gratuities, for example, without rebooking.

You can choose a different perk from the choices that were available when you booked. Or you can simply refuse the perk.

Since you booked before the current promotion came out, you cannot switch the shorex credit for free gratuities, for example, without rebooking.

You were exactly right. It was very easy to switch, she said some people do it a couple times.

When booking we chose one 'perk' (Dining) and I asked if we could change at a later date (Drinking) if we decided to. He said we could change between the 'perks' being offered to those on offer when we booked so long as we did it 48 hours before departure.

He also said we couldn't change to a later offering without a cancellation/re-book.

I think the critical issue is whether or not the promo you want was offered when you booked. If it was then it's simple to change promos. You aren't changing any of the booking terms, just from one offer to another. However, if the promo you want wasn't offered when you booked, you are now changing your booking terms. So it's a cancel and rebook under current pricing with a slight possibility of losing your cabin.

When booking we chose one 'perk' (Dining) and I asked if we could change at a later date (Drinking) if we decided to. He said we could change between the 'perks' being offered to those on offer when we booked so long as we did it 48 hours before departure.

He also said we couldn't change to a later offering without a cancellation/re-book.

I think the critical issue is whether or not the promo you want was offered when you booked. If it was then it's simple to change promos. You aren't changing any of the booking terms, just from one offer to another. However, if the promo you want wasn't offered when you booked, you are now changing your booking terms. So it's a cancel and rebook under current pricing with a slight possibility of losing your cabin.

Yes, I got word back from my PCC last night. We have to cancel and rebook if we want to change to free pre-paid grats as it wasn't one of the choices offered when we booked.