Is FTTF worth it?

Igerster

Hello everyone. I have used FTTF in the past and absolutely loved it. At the time I thought it was worth every penny and vowed to do it on all future cruises. My question is now with the staggered check in is it still worth it? I understand there are other benefits but the main one is the priority boarding.

Staggered check in has nothing to do with early boarding.It is just a time to check in and not a time to board the ship.

IF you have FTTF you still need to pick a check in time so the computer will allow you to print your boarding pass but you can arrive at any time to check in and still board before many others! You still have your cabin ready.

Now the problem is that they've raised the price so now you have to decide if you wish to pay the new amount for these privileges.

To me it's worth it. I've gotten in twice, the first time I had a ratjer serious issue that I had to go to thw service desk for, having a FTTF dedicated person save e waiting on a very long line. It's also nice being one of the first off the ship.

I am excited to try it for the first time in November. I bought it before the price increase. I will find out if I will get it again after I use it the first time. I am surprised that so many people think that anyone that buys it is wasting money. I don't tell anyone how stupid they are when they spend money on their cruise on something that I wouldn't buy. Some of those other threads are mean!

Edited by Steve and Sharon

Hello everyone. I have used FTTF in the past and absolutely loved it. At the time I thought it was worth every penny and vowed to do it on all future cruises. My question is now with the staggered check in is it still worth it? I understand there are other benefits but the main one is the priority boarding.

If you loved it get it again.

It is to me. Basically I spend $60 to avoid a line and will stalk the online system until I find it. We also really like having the room available upon boarding. I travel with my work and its nice to get the computer bag and carry ons in the room.

I also like getting off the ship early.

Sailing the Glory on March 11 and I booked FTTF a couple weeks ago. Was shocked it was there so of course I bought it.

You can bypass long check-in lines.

I had FTTF last week on the Liberty, and was a little disappointed. My luggage did not get to my room until 6:00 PM or later. Also when it got time to get off FTTF were to meet in dining room, so I got there early so that I could be at the front of the line, and there was nobody there to monitor the people and the people who showed up at the last minute all stood in the entrance to the dining room, which in turn they were the first to get off. I think Carnival should have someone there so that it is fair to all.

For me, it would depend on the cruise and who I'm traveling with. I purchased FTTF for my cruise last week on the Freedom. I got it before the price went up, and I might not have gotten it if I had waited. I am so glad I had it for this cruise though. It was my first time sailing out of Galveston, and the worst experience I've ever had at a cruise port.

We had 10:00am check in, arrived shortly after that time. There was no one to direct or help us with our luggage when we got off of the shuttle. We walked around, got in line and were finally told where to go to take our luggage to be checked in. By this time, we were hot/sweaty, knees hurting and did not want to lose our place in line, so we took everything with us to check in.

After going through the check in area, one of the security guards tried to take my friend's bottle of wine. She said it looked open, but the seal was still on it. She then opened it, took it to another security person and said the bottle was open. Well it was at that point because she is the one who opened. After going on with them about it, a supervisor came, sniffed the contents and gave the bottle back to my friend. Smh.

The good thing that came of this was that FTTF saved us from having to lug everything around the ship since our cabins were ready as soon as we got onboard, and we did not have to wait for any luggage to be delivered, since we carried everything with us on the ship. I will not plan any more cruises out of Galveston though.

Here is my opinion: What is more important to YOU. Your time or your money? I would prefer to do FTTF every time and have more time on the ship and be settled in early that wait in line and save. I travel with two others in my room. It will come out to $23 per person when you do the math. I pay that in extra to get into museums and parks faster, for valet parking. Why not to get on a ship and avoid a long line?

The flip side is, $23/person could mean multiple meals for another family while traveling, or gas to and from the port or a night in the hotel beforehand.

It all comes down to what is important to YOU and your travel partners.