Inflatable baby bathtub?

cmukid87

Anyone have any experience or knowledge? I know inflatable pools are not allowed but what about an inflatable baby bathtub? They are about 12x18".

We took one like that a few years ago when our granddaughter was a year old. Only used it on our balcony. I doubt it would be allowed on open decks.

We would be taking it to take near the pool so our little one can enjoy some "pool" time. The plan would be to grab a few buckets of pool water for her to enjoy and then take the pool into the bathroom to empty.

I'm hoping this is within the rules since we won't be affecting the pool/hot tub/waterworks.

Your child pays the same fare as any other 3rd/4th passenger so are entitled to enjoy their time as well. There are no rules on Carnival restricting this. As far as I am concerned, you can put the bathtub in place of a deck chair and let them enjoy as non-potty trained kids are not allowed in the pool. Obviously, putting them in a location as to be SAFE (no one tripping over them) is most important and doesn't inconvenience anyone at all and should allow for a fun time. This is what I plan on our upcoming Vista cruise as my oldest daughter (9) will probably spend every waking moment in the waterworks area and my youngest (17 months) will not make for a pleasant time if she can't get a little wet herself. This seems a perfect solution, plus allows for easier bath time. Dump into a drain or bathroom (they only need 1-2 inches of water).

Edited by JMKreno

"Inflatable Kiddie Pool" is on the list of prohibited items, but I am sure that you are justified in bringing your tub to bathe baby. If you bring it on deck and they ask you to remove it, well, you tried and will have your answer then regarding the specifics. As a fellow cruiser, it wouldn't bother me a bit and I wish you well !

These are about the size of the rugrat's bottom and outstretched legs. It takes up no more room than the kid sitting on the deck. They are fine on the pool deck, just use them out of the way. To keep the chlorine down for the little one, I would suggest filling it from the showers on the pool deck, and dumping it down the shower drain.

These are about the size of the rugrat's bottom and outstretched legs. It takes up no more room than the kid sitting on the deck. They are fine on the pool deck, just use them out of the way. To keep the chlorine down for the little one, I would suggest filling it from the showers on the pool deck, and dumping it down the shower drain.

Great advice.

I'm glad I have some support here. I thought for sure I'd cause an uprising. I like to think we are pretty conscientious and courteous to other cruisers so the tub will be tucked close to us and not cause concern for others.

Thanks everyone.

I think this technically falls on the "prohibited" list, but I don't think you'll get much grief about using one this small on the open decks. In fact I think most passengers would prefer if a non-potty trained child is in his/her own pool, instead of everyone else's.

We took one on our Breeze cruise last fall for our then 14 month old. Didn't end up using it on deck. And I never bothered with it for her baths either. I just took her with into the shower and handed her out to dad once I was done bathing her. So much easier. I wish we would've saved the luggage space and not brought it with us. It was just too much hassle to take it up on deck. Esp. since my kiddo doesn't sit still for more than a minute! Lol

We would be taking it to take near the pool so our little one can enjoy some "pool" time. The plan would be to grab a few buckets of pool water for her to enjoy and then take the pool into the bathroom to empty.

I'm hoping this is within the rules since we won't be affecting the pool/hot tub/waterworks.

seriously :confused: you would be affecting all of the foot traffic around the pool area.

It would not bother me, but I have seen where a cruiser was asked to remove it from the deck. You would probably have more luck using it at a more out of the way place on deck than around the pool. Try it. All they can do is to tell you that you can't use it. Just know that it is not technically allowed so you will not be too disappointed if you are told to remove it.

I think if you move a chair out of the way back along the outer deck away from the pool so you would fly under the radar but doing it right up front it's going to depend on who is on deck and how strict they are. Just because it's a bathtub instead of a pool doesn't mean anything because you are using it as an inflatable pool which is prohibited.

The problem comes in when more and start doing it and suddenly you have 50 people with kiddie pools/bathtubs up top, then who's to say this one is ok but that one isn't and that causes way too many problems, easier to ban them all. Now for me I don't care as long as the main walk way is open, I don't use the pool, turn it into a baby villa if you want. I think babies and pools are adorable. Just dont' be surprised if you are asked to remove it and be polite and remove it if you are.

I think if you move a chair out of the way back along the outer deck away from the pool so you would fly under the radar but doing it right up front it's going to depend on who is on deck and how strict they are. Just because it's a bathtub instead of a pool doesn't mean anything because you are using it as an inflatable pool which is prohibited.

The problem comes in when more and start doing it and suddenly you have 50 people with kiddie pools/bathtubs up top, then who's to say this one is ok but that one isn't and that causes way too many problems, easier to ban them all. Now for me I don't care as long as the main walk way is open, I don't use the pool, turn it into a baby villa if you want. I think babies and pools are adorable. Just dont' be surprised if you are asked to remove it and be polite and remove it if you are.

My thinking exactly. When one gets away with it, sooner or later you have a mountain of them all over the pool area. (You know the mentality: if she can do it so can I)

That would be the only reason that they might not let you do it.

Great advice.

I'm glad I have some support here. I thought for sure I'd cause an uprising. I like to think we are pretty conscientious and courteous to other cruisers so the tub will be tucked close to us and not cause concern for others.

Thanks everyone.

Better to just bring it. If they wont allow it in the pool, just use it in the shower.

Sounds good in "theory" but for the time and effort, how long will a small person sit in it? I'm visualizing lugging it, blowing it up, filling it with water, emptying it, deflate the now wet pool to get back to the cabin. All this for a few minutes of use.

I think it is a wonderful idea! With all the booze/weed smuggling, smoking on balcony's and such, a baby in a blow up bath tub should be the least of people's concerns. But you will always get the nay say'ers! I am thankful that you would do this because I DO use the pool, and would much rather see your baby in a baby pool on deck then in the big pool.

And if 50 people bring inflatable pools/bathtubs, then maybe Carnival should re-evaluate the situation and have a baby pool open. I know they have them but I also know when I cruised in Aug. it was NEVER open. I don't have small children anymore but I love to see them having a great time, and I also love to see responsible parents doing the right thing. :)

Anyone have any experience or knowledge? I know inflatable pools are not allowed but what about an inflatable baby bathtub? They are about 12x18".

We have done this several times, with a small round baby pool. We just pick a spot on deck that's a little out of the way . Both time we had a spot at the end of deck above the pool area. We got a bucket that they put beer in and we filled it a couple of times from the shower by the pool, didn't use pool water. When we were finished just emptied water behind lounger in the drain. No problems. Enjoy your cruise!

We have done this several times, with a small round baby pool. We just pick a spot on deck that's a little out of the way . Both time we had a spot at the end of deck above the pool area. We got a bucket that they put beer in and we filled it a couple of times from the shower by the pool, didn't use pool water. When we were finished just emptied water behind lounger in the drain. No problems. Enjoy your cruise!

Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience. Our little one will be almost 10 months old and she loves the water.

I know there will always be nay-sayers but if they have a problem with our little one, who is a fare paying passenger, enjoying herself by the pool then that's just too bad for them.

39 days!

I think it is a wonderful idea! With all the booze/weed smuggling, smoking on balcony's and such, a baby in a blow up bath tub should be the least of people's concerns. But you will always get the nay say'ers! I am thankful that you would do this because I DO use the pool, and would much rather see your baby in a baby pool on deck then in the big pool.

And if 50 people bring inflatable pools/bathtubs, then maybe Carnival should re-evaluate the situation and have a baby pool open. I know they have them but I also know when I cruised in Aug. it was NEVER open. I don't have small children anymore but I love to see them having a great time, and I also love to see responsible parents doing the right thing. :)

Actually, Carnival does not have baby pools. They have splash areas for young children, who are potty trained. Only Disney and some RCI ships have splash areas/pools for children in diapers.

Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience. Our little one will be almost 10 months old and she loves the water.

I know there will always be nay-sayers but if they have a problem with our little one, who is a fare paying passenger, enjoying herself by the pool then that's just too bad for them.

39 days!

I guess you'll take her to the Steakhouse too, she's a paid passenger too! After all, she likes to eat.:rolleyes:

I guess you'll take her to the Steakhouse too, she's a paid passenger too! After all, she likes to eat.:rolleyes:

Nay-sayer^^^...

There is definitely no difference in a free public recreational area and a for-fee specialty restaurant. LOL, some people crack me up.