Grand Cayman Tender Time (Freedom)

Hello, we have booked a private excursion in Grand Cayman and our meeting time is 9am. The ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 8am. I understand that the people who book Royal's Shore Excursions get priority tendering. Does anyone know approximately how long it will take me to Tender? TIA

If your excursion is through RCI, you tender off first. Otherwise you have to line up to get tender ticket and it could take a while depending on your number

RCI uses large island based tenders that can carry several hundreds per trip when in Grand Cayman so the tendering is very efficient as it is only about a 10 minutes ride to shore. Also typically there isn't lots of folks doing ship shore excursions here as many, like ourselves, have been here many times in the past and just do shopping and a walk about the downtown area when the tender ports are. Also there are a lot of private tours being offered here. Typically the ship arrives early and clears customs very quickly so tendering should start promptly.

IMO, if you are first in the general tender lineup you should make it to shore by 8:30 and by 9 shouldn't be a problem. We've never had a problem and have even been on the first tender when we wanted to get to shore early.

attachment.php?attachmentid=394649&d=1474374227

PA290613a.jpg.f7ed52f5d41eb6eef8dd2dc42d056596.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hi Serena, glad to see that you are still able to take advantage of the great prices that were on that Freedom sailing. Have a great trip and we will see you in March.:)

Thanks ken! We lucked out and my daughter has a very easy 1st semester! So pulling her out of school for 1 week shouldn't be a problem. You have a great cruise too! See you in March!:)

RCI uses large island based tenders that can carry several hundreds per trip when in Grand Cayman so the tendering is fast as it is only about a 10 minutes ride to shore and typically there isn't lots of folks doing ship shore excursions here as many, like ourselves, have been here many times in the past. Typically the ship arrives early and clears customs very quickly.

IMO, if you are first in the general tender lineup you should make it to shore by 8:30 and by 9 shouldn't be a problem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=394649&d=1474374227

Thank you! That makes me feel so much better! :)