My Time Dining

xyankee

My family, a party of 8, has made reservations for a cruise on Liberty Of The Seas for Aug. 13, 2017. We have selected the My Time Dining option. I read on this board that we can make dinner reservation in advance of boarding the ship. Does anyone know how far out from the sailing date that a reservation can be made for My Time Dining? Thanks in advance for your reply.

My family, a party of 8, has made reservations for a cruise on Liberty Of The Seas for Aug. 13, 2017. We have selected the My Time Dining option. I read on this board that we can make dinner reservation in advance of boarding the ship. Does anyone know how far out from the sailing date that a reservation can be made for My Time Dining? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hope someone can answer my stupid question....Do you have to make reservations for MTD? I thought the whole concept was to go when your stomach starts growling....could be 6 or 7 or 8, when it starts talking to me....I'm eating If you wanted to make reservations why not do with a set dining time? Thanks

Hope someone can answer my stupid question....Do you have to make reservations for MTD? I thought the whole concept was to go when your stomach starts growling....could be 6 or 7 or 8, when it starts talking to me....I'm eating If you wanted to make reservations why not do with a set dining time? Thanks

You don't have to make reservations, but if you don't have a reservation you might have to wait for a table.

You do not have to make a reservation, although the staff and RCI will try to convince you to do so. You may get e-mails concerning this, and on board they will ask you to make your reservation.

We have only ever made a reservation on Formal Night; the other nights we went when we were hungry and have been seated right away, or waited about 2 minutes (I know others have reported longer waits).

Good luck making reservations. I wanted 6:30 and could only get 5:45 90 days out. There are 6 in our group, but I could only get for the two of us. The only time available for 6 people was 8:30.

My TA tried twice since then and still had no luck. I'm just going to take my chances when I get on the ship 11/19.

They don't accept advance reservations for the "popular" dinner hours....around 6:45-7:30....you'll have to wait until you're on the ship if you want a reservation for that time. BUT....you don't need reservations, especially if you are 2 or 4 people....you show up and they seat you at the next avail. table.

Larger groups are harder to seat, so reservations ARE recommended for MTD.

And, just so you know...there is really no "rush" on port days...you have to be ON the ship 30 mins prior to sailaway, and most folks are back before then! You will have time to get ready for dinner!

Edited by cb at sea

For those with kids - we made MTD reservations for 5:45, usually showed up around then and then the kids would leave with the kids club staff from the dining room at 6:40. The timing was perfect and the kids were able to eat wuickly while the adults a more leisurely pace (and I never had to share my desert with the kids - and they always had their own amazing brownie sundae deserts before they left!).

I made all of our reservations - usually 5:45 or 6:00 but sometimes we planned for 7 or 7:15 after the first show if it was something the kids wanted to go to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always do MTD and we typically make reservations, but sometimes want to go at a time different than we'd planned. It's never been a problem. Theoretically, they are supposed to sit the people with reservations first,but we've always just seen one line and everyone in line handled in order. No one has ever asked us if we have a reservation.

To be fair, we typically eat around 6:15p and this is on the early end of MTD so there isn't usually much of a wait... just the amount of time it takes to bring people to tables. I think if you go later (7:30p+) the waits are longer, but we've never done that.

Also, with MTD, it's really easy to take a night off and go to the WindJammer if you'd like to try it. We find the WJ to be a much better dinner experience than any other meal there. It's quiet, usually not crowded, and the food is pretty good, and you can get as much as you want without any delays.

So, MTD leaves your options open... especially if you don't make reservations.

Tom

You don't have to make reservations, but if you don't have a reservation you might have to wait for a table.