Cruise Critic Reviews questions and other things

tamalero

Hello guys!

I registered a few ago to read and browse about cruises and see reviews.

I also created an account ( I was a long time lurker only before) to finally post a review of my latest cruise.

No a few questions, sorry if they were asked before.

1. How long does it take on average to see your review posted in the CruiseCritic respective ship's review list?
  2. Why there doesn't seem a way to see your contributions from the front page? (something that is very useful from sites like tripadvisor)

Thanks in advance!

Hi - if you are talking about writing a review on the actual member reviews page and not on the specific board for the line on which you took your cruise, then it does take a few days between submitting and them posting it. They read the reviews on the member review page before posting them, whereas if you post on a message board, it shows up right away. Also, for the review section it goes by date with more recent reviews coming first.

Does this help? :)

Hi - if you are talking about writing a review on the actual member reviews page and not on the specific board for the line on which you took your cruise, then it does take a few days between submitting and them posting it. They read the reviews on the member review page before posting them, whereas if you post on a message board, it shows up right away. Also, for the review section it goes by date with more recent reviews coming first.

Hello!

I mean a review on the front page (not on the forum portion). So Yeah!

Still sad there doesn't seem to be a link in the front page to see your contributions or reviews.

Hello!

Still sad there doesn't seem to be a link in the front page to see your contributions or reviews.

In the top right corner there is a box that says "Hello user name". If you click on your user name you can see a tab sort of on the left called statistics. If you click on that you can see all of the posts you have and all the threads you have commented on. I have not written a review but may there is also a way to see your reviews there?

I did try write a review once, but it got rejected saying it didn't meet the criteria or something like that.

I much rather the reviews on the "boards" where questions can be asked and clarifications sought, it makes them much more useful.

I much rather the reviews on the "boards" where questions can be asked and clarifications sought, it makes them much more useful.

Agreed but I'm not sure everyone who posts a review to the review section is actually a contributor/member on the boards. Actually, let's go one step further and say that I stopped reading reviews for any upcoming ships we had booked - it just seemed too easy to be brought down.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

In the top right corner there is a box that says "Hello user name". If you click on your user name you can see a tab sort of on the left called statistics. If you click on that you can see all of the posts you have and all the threads you have commented on. I have not written a review but may there is also a way to see your reviews there?

I did try write a review once, but it got rejected saying it didn't meet the criteria or something like that.

I wonder the same, the statistics are for the forum portion only.

I think the site really lacks a "my account" on the outside part of the site (aka not the forum).

You dont even know if you have an account or logged in in the outer portion of the site!

Also, I really would love to see my contributions to spot mistakes or share in the forum.

Id hate to rewrite all the reviews. Id love to just be able to cut and paste.

Edited by tamalero

Agreed but I'm not sure everyone who posts a review to the review section is actually a contributor/member on the boards. Actually, let's go one step further and say that I stopped reading reviews for any upcoming ships we had booked - it just seemed too easy to be brought down.

Totally agree about either ignoring them or including a ton or two of salt.

But the ones on the boards you can at least get to the bottom of issues, or try, and you can also take your time doing it in segments.

Hello!

when your review is posted CC will send you an email with a link to it

You could always go to Contact Us at the bottom & make a suggestion on how to change the way they do things