Need info on the Haven

I&J Cruisers

My son is looking into a family cruise on Breakaway. We are veteran cruisers but haven't been on NCL since the Norway. His girls ate 9 and 13. Are there usually kids in the Haven. Any info would be great

Hard to say how many kids will be there. While there is a pool it isn't really that big - just under 4' deep and if you had ten people in there standing it would be full. There are a couple hot tubs but most of the stuff they would have fun with would be the ropes course, golf, or the slides all by the main pool.

Two questions here:

Are there kids in the haven - yes, especially since all the family suites are Haven class.

Is the Haven common area designed for kids? No, although they certainly can make use of the facilities.

You can still get all the benefits, but I would not expect to spend a lot of time in the courtyard with younger kids, who will want to be at the kids programs or the more active areas I would suspect.

Many of the Havens rooms are "family suites" and there are always families in the Haven. It is also good to register your kids with the Teen and Children's clubs on embarkation day. Many kids will be making new friends,,,, so that is the time to get them acquainted with other kids on the ship.