Which way do you walk around the promenade deck

rapata

I tend to walk the direction the ship is facing. So depending on which side of the ship I exit, I will normally walk to the front, especially if the ship has a forward viewing area. Also depends on which way the wind is blowing, but again I normally just go towards the front, unless I wanted to go particularly to the back. Also not all ships have a promenade that goes all the way around - that too would factor into which direction you walk.

For me, it usually depends on where the sun is. I like to go for morning walks onboard, and on the Breakaway / Breakaway-Plus class ships, you can't go completely around without heading indoors briefly. So I usually do the shady side first, then the sunny side (where it gets hot), and then the brief walk through the forward lobby (where it's cool due to the A/C), then back onto the shady side.

Walking the promenade deck is one of my favorite parts of cruising. :)

I was looking at old posts about our Dream CTN back in 5/08 and it looks like we may have already sailed together, we just didn't know it;).

I saw that in your signature...I held a meet and greet back then and met some of the cruisecritics who are still around today (but do not post as often anymore). I remember not feeling bad for the passengers...but feeling extremely bad for the crew!

coka