Just Back From The Caribbean Princess Iceland Norway Transatlantic

Woobstr112G

Thank you for your 'Live from" and review of your cruise. This one was on our bucket list, so I finally booked it last week!!!

A question.... you mentioned that it was chilly at times. Can you give me a range of temperatures that you experienced on the cruise? What to bring clothes wise is always an issue.

Thanks,

Anita

Bob' date=' I just wanted to say thank you for the Live review and for all of your wonderful photos on Flicker. You have quite the talent and I really enjoyed going through all of them.[/quote']

Thank you for the kind words.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey so we could travel vicariously to parts of the world that may never be a reality for us! It's very appreciated.

Enjoyed viewing your photos as well. However, I was hoping to see photos of the aft area near the terrace pool and the levels above it to determine the type of lounge chairs in the area. I realize that yours was a cold weather cruise and it was unlikely you spent much time there, but I have upcoming warm weather cruise on the Caribbean Princess in just 5 weeks and plan to spend much time there. Can you comment as to whether the chairs had the white plastic frames with the saggy nylon mesh covering or whether they were the newer metal framed ones with the more tightly stretched fabric?

Many thanks for taking time to reply!

Thank you for your 'Live from" and review of your cruise. This one was on our bucket list, so I finally booked it last week!!!

A question.... you mentioned that it was chilly at times. Can you give me a range of temperatures that you experienced on the cruise? What to bring clothes wise is always an issue.

Thanks,

Anita

We just came back from a similar cruise on Royal Caribbean and dressed in layers. We had light weight long sleeve tops, a couple of heavier tops and light jackets. Lucy

I don't remember seeing a Celebrity transatlantic cruise with an Iceland itinerary. If Celebrity doesn't offer this kind of itinerary, what's your point in trying to make a comparison? I've often looked at the Celebrity, but have inevitably gone with Princess because they have the best itineraries, including cruises that go to Iceland.

Yep...well said.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey so we could travel vicariously to parts of the world that may never be a reality for us! It's very appreciated.

Enjoyed viewing your photos as well. However, I was hoping to see photos of the aft area near the terrace pool and the levels above it to determine the type of lounge chairs in the area. I realize that yours was a cold weather cruise and it was unlikely you spent much time there, but I have upcoming warm weather cruise on the Caribbean Princess in just 5 weeks and plan to spend much time there. Can you comment as to whether the chairs had the white plastic frames with the saggy nylon mesh covering or whether they were the newer metal framed ones with the more tightly stretched fabric?

Many thanks for taking time to reply!

21678864572_34abfc3d80.jpg

Here is a picture of the Terrace Pool area. I took it on last year's cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

21678864572_34abfc3d80.jpg

Here is a picture of the Terrace Pool area. I took it on last year's cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you, Bob, for posting this. Unfortunately, these are the disappointingly uncomfortable chairs. However, I shall dutifully endeavor to make the most of the cruise, regardless. (FYI - this is a sarcastic comment for those of you who are unable to interpret that appropriately :))

Thank you, Bob, for posting this. Unfortunately, these are the disappointingly uncomfortable chairs. However, I shall dutifully endeavor to make the most of the cruise, regardless. (FYI - this is a sarcastic comment for those of you who are unable to interpret that appropriately :))

They are very uncomfortable chairs.....

Bob

Thanks Bob for the review of Caribbean Princess. I sail on Oct 12 NYC-Quebec.

Recent comments about the shape she is in, worries me. Especially comments on bedding!! If I can sleep, I am a happy camper.

Any thoughts on mattresses?

I was scheduled to go on your 2015 Norway cruise. We had to cancel for health reasons. I am happy DH up to short cruises this side of the pond.

Congrats on making Elite. Nice isn't it?

Kathleen

Thanks Bob for the review of Caribbean Princess. I sail on Oct 12 NYC-Quebec.

Recent comments about the shape she is in, worries me. Especially comments on bedding!! If I can sleep, I am a happy camper.

Any thoughts on mattresses?

I was scheduled to go on your 2015 Norway cruise. We had to cancel for health reasons. I am happy DH up to short cruises this side of the pond.

Congrats on making Elite. Nice isn't it?

Kathleen

Yup, finally making Elite after spending $$$$$ to get it early by sailing in suites, is a good feeling. Our mattress seemed just fine. Since we had the GS, our bed was a king but I'm not sure if it is one of the new mattresses.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G