Norwegian JEWEL ..Gratuity is...

mnsweeps

"A discretionary charge of $6.75 USD per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. "

$6.75 per person seems a good deal or am I missing something?

Can you link to where you are getting that from, please?

Maybe they increased the DSC again and are splitting it up into two smaller payments adding up to $20.70 per person per day. The two smaller numbers are for your convenience, for easier counting. This new DSC will be tested on the Jewel before rolling out to the entire fleet...tomorrow.

"A discretionary charge of $6.75 USD per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. "

If you call NCL and ask, please report back, so others will know what is going on.

"Discretionary" makes it sound like the extra money hotels charge in case you order a movie or room service (which doesn't make sense on a cruise since you have an account set up for that). It doesn't sound like they are talking about gratuities. But definitely let us know if figure it out!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but,

BirdsTravel, isn't that the QE2 on your avatar?

Yes. Our very first cruise was on the QE2 many years ago. Transatlantic. In the days you had to reserve and pay for [very uncomfortable] deck chairs ;) And you were required to wear a gown and tux to dinner :eek:

Edited by BirdTravels

Yes. Our very first cruise was on the QE2 many years ago. Transatlantic. In the days you had to reserve and pay for [very uncomfortable] deck chairs ;) And you were required to wear a gown and tux to dinner :eek:

I remember her very well.....listen to this crazy but true story, BirdTravels:

Back in 1984 British Airways teamed up with Cunard to offer a package deal consisting of:

1) Concorde flight from London Heathrow to New York JFK

2) 5 Nights at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC

3) QE2 Transatlantic crossing back from NYC to Southampton

All for an incredible $1300 in 1984 money....Like I said it was an introductory offer between British Airways and Cunard, NEVER to be repeated!!!

I will NEVER ever forget that vacation, I was still living in Europe at that time.

Thanks,

Fred

PS: OP, once again, apologies for hijacking your thread.

Edited by nipponcruiser

That charge is per person per day and it is NOT a gratuity. Read the FAQ pages.

I assume OP has booked 4 persons in a room, two of those have free DSC as their promo...

6.75 times 2 equals the 13.50 dsc per person.

I have 3 booked in a room and mine reads 4.50 per person.

Thanks, that makes sense when you think about NCL trying to make the pre-paid gratuity promo fit into their wonky website/billing system.

I assume OP has booked 4 persons in a room, two of those have free DSC as their promo...

6.75 times 2 equals the 13.50 dsc per person.

I have 3 booked in a room and mine reads 4.50 per person.

Thats what it is..First 2 guests have free gratuity and then they divided the total for the remaining 2 guests across all 4.

I'm so glad we have another DSC thread. I was getting bored of the other six.

Honestly, I wish folks would stop with the snarky comments, when someone asks a question. There is no such thing as a stupid question, so please be considerate of others.

Sorry if I offend anyone here, but I just hate it when someone try's to make a new person to the forum fell that they are not doing it right.

Maybe they increased the DSC again and are splitting it up into two smaller payments adding up to $20.70 per person per day. The two smaller numbers are for your convenience, for easier counting. This new DSC will be tested on the Jewel before rolling out to the entire fleet...tomorrow.

not likely!!!