My PVP says Monday for the 50$ deposit

cocacola86

Yeah a lot of people still love it myself included. But inevitably plenty more will just blindly jump on the "cheap" deposit without looking into it then put Carnival on blast when they need to change or cancel because there are penalties. You'll hear about it here and on the other sites on how Carnival stinks, I'm never sailing them again, they ruined my life, etc when it is solely the customers fault for not knowing what they are doing.

Read the fine print and ask questions BEFORE booking, not later. It's too late then.

If you are certain that the cruise is the one you definitely want, early savers is actually a good deal. I booked 3 Carnival cruises last year - 1 for the itinerary and 2 for the holiday season pricing on early savings and have been happy with it. It has worked for us - we will be in a Havana cabin on the vista for NYE $1200 less than what it would have cost us to cruise regular balcony on Anthem of the Seas the same time.

Edited by nednrom

Woa, there a lot of restrictions and fees for change with the early saver. Just to have a low deposit, seems like there are better options:rolleyes:

A reduced deposit is not the only incentive to booking early saver. Deposit promos run here and there. ES is always around so long as you book early enough. It's not for everyone but if your plans are solid then it's a great way to book. Besides, booking ES with a reduced deposit is great in that if your plans go south, you lose much less. As far as fees, you lose $50pp to change or cancel, anything else you paid you can use again within two years. That's not "alot" of fees.

We booked HI on the Vista and put 250 deposit but can we go to an interior on the same cruise and what happens to the 250

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can't downgrade with ES, so you would have to stay in the Havana Interior or book a higher category. Nothing would happen to your $250 deposit. You would keep it. Only change in price would be whatever the new cabin price is. No penalty for changing cabins.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I would have to cancel it or transfer it

What are you wanting to do? If you want to go to a lower cabin category than the HI then yes you would have to cancel that reservation and book a new one with the new cabin type. It can all be done at once. And in that case you would lose $50 pp. Do you really want to do that just to move to another interior on the same date?

It may just be a reduced deposit not $50 dep. I have access to the agents booking engine and nothing has been posted of $50 deposits yet. Although towards the end of the month is when you usually see the reduced deposits. Actually the best way to get the cheapest rates is to book early, like one and a half to two years out. If you do that your rate will probably be the lowest it will ever go.)

I had told my PVP let me know when the 50 deposit comes out and than she emailed me later and says call me Monday and I said is this about the 50 and she said maybe lol

The promo is up. Gotta book by Friday. Early saver of course. For sailings through Spring 2018. Starting at $50 pp.

Kudos to your PVP!