Wine at embarkation

Where Does everybody carry their two bottles of wine allowed at embarkation? We will more than likely board fairly early and I really don't want to lug it around in my carryon until we can get into our room. Can we put the 2 bottles in our checked baggage? I'm thinking of boxing it and bubble wrap Any thoughts? Or will 2 bottles get us sent to naughty room thinking its liquor?

If we take any, DH and I each carry one. He has a backpack and I have a bag that we each have our laptops, etc in so that's where we put it. While it "can" be in your checked luggage, they request you put it in your carryon and the chance you will get called to the naughty room goes way up if in your checked luggage. One bottle of wine doesn't weigh that much really, but I wouldn't want to carry two myself.

We have a small rolling Vera bag that I use just for this purpose.

Put my wine and a change of clothes and swimming suit in it. Put some soda in it in the past, but doing soda package this time. So won't have to.

It rolls really nice and its really large. Just roll it to lunch with me and normally till we are done eating, we can get into the rooms. Then it goes in there.

Wait, we need to carry our carry-on bag until our room is ready? My bag that's carry-on for the flight I was going to slap a tag on it and leave it with the ship porters. We can't do that if it has wine in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why would you think what you did with a bag at the airport would have any relevance when you got to the ship?

Also, good luck at the airport with carrying on a bag containing bottles of wine.

Edited by Mark_K

Wait, we need to carry our carry-on bag until our room is ready? My bag that's carry-on for the flight I was going to slap a tag on it and leave it with the ship porters. We can't do that if it has wine in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When people say carry on bag in relation to the ship, they mean a bag you are choosing to carry on to the ship. It might have, say, your boarding documents, medication and change of clothes. Carrying something onto the plane will not preclude you from checking it at the port. No one at the port knows or cares what you did with your luggage before that point.

Where Does everybody carry their two bottles of wine allowed at embarkation? We will more than likely board fairly early and I really don't want to lug it around in my carryon until we can get into our room. Can we put the 2 bottles in our checked baggage? I'm thinking of boxing it and bubble wrap Any thoughts? Or will 2 bottles get us sent to naughty room thinking its liquor?

That would be the least of your worries. You may be gentle with your luggage but the porters and other baggage handlers are far from gentle. A broken bottle or 2 of wine in your luggage would be a disaster. Be safe and carry it on.