Eclipse TA - return flight home Norwegian Airlines

Ox Fan Cruiser

We are booked for April's TA. I had been waiting months for Norwegian to extend their schedule for LWG to BOS. The price for their Premium Class was much less than the big name airline's economy class. When they extended the schedule to April the also raised the fares a bit, but still much cheaper we decided that LGW to JFK would be better for us. They fly to JFK every day. BOS is only 4 days a week. We would have had to spend an extra day in London. Getting in on Saturday vs Sunday makes it easier for all concerned. Has anyone flown on Norwegian? Youtube vids show a nice Premium class. BTW, LGW to JFK is only $776 in their premium class.

Norwegian Air is one of a very short list of airlines I would never fly due to safety concerns. Norwegian Air's certificate is actually held in Ireland and this lop hole allows then to hire Asian-based crew that work for sub industry pay and are not held to Norwegian safety standards as the company is actually Irish.

This also means that there crew is does not have Norwegian work permits and or have to follow Norwegian aviation safety standards.

It's a flag of convenience.

http://ttd.org/policy/policy-statements/norwegian-air-shuttle-operating-scheme-must-be-rejected/

Plus since they don't have maintenance agreements in the US, you could be stranded for days...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Cancelled-Norwegian-Air-Shuttle-Flight-Strands-Hundreds-at-LAX-for-Days-268604312.html

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2016/07/02/norwegian-air-passengers-stranded-2/

I'd book with a legacy carrier, just my $0.02.

If you do go with Norwegian Air be sure to get insurance.

I haven't heard anything bad about Norwegian. I have been stranded plenty of times by legacy airlines so this is not unique to no frills airlines. We, too, are looking at their Premium Economy. All airlines must comply with international standards. I don't think there is anything magical about U.S. standards. I learned this from a retired British Airways pilot. Norwegian is flying brand new Boeing 787s from the U.S. A lot of the bashing going on is from U.S. price gouging carriers who don't want to lose the business or discount their outrageous fares. We used to fly to Europe First Class for what Economy costs now. So much for deregulation and allowing these airline megamergers to go through. Business wins and the public loses.

Norwegian Air is one of a very short list of airlines I would never fly due to safety concerns. Norwegian Air's certificate is actually held in Ireland and this lop hole allows then to hire Asian-based crew that work for sub industry pay and are not held to Norwegian safety standards as the company is actually Irish.

This also means that there crew is does not have Norwegian work permits and or have to follow Norwegian aviation safety standards.

It's a flag of convenience.

http://ttd.org/policy/policy-statements/norwegian-air-shuttle-operating-scheme-must-be-rejected/

Plus since they don't have maintenance agreements in the US, you could be stranded for days...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Cancelled-Norwegian-Air-Shuttle-Flight-Strands-Hundreds-at-LAX-for-Days-268604312.html

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2016/07/02/norwegian-air-passengers-stranded-2/

I'd book with a legacy carrier, just my $0.02.

If you do go with Norwegian Air be sure to get insurance.

so it looks like Norwegian air flags it's planes like cruise lines do. At a quick glance I suspect that the TTD website is a proUnion website that will slam any and all companies that are not union. As a 20 year member of the UAW I am well aware of how unions can be the biggest hypocrites. They demand others run their affairs one way while they do the very same thing themselves.

We've flown with Norwegian air twice, great airline, no problems. I'm not sure about the registration issue. This is so that they can take advantage of European Union airline freedoms and agreements, that's like saying any European airline is unsafe, I'm also not sure what it's to do with Asian people? Or what you are implying?

The staff are very highly trained and gave great service. I would book with them again in a heartbeat.

Edited by DebbieMacG

Not held to Norwegian safety standards because the company is actually Irish?

OMG THOSE IRISH SAFETY STANDARDS MUST BE SO DREADFUL!

My bigger concern with Norwegian would be its lack of operational resilience. To the passenger, that has often basically meant a high risk of late cancellation or other forms of travel disruption.

Fear mongering in it's finest form. Throw in a little casual racism and you're done.

I have flown Norwegian multitudes of times and never had a problem. There is no doubt eventually I might but I will give you a list of previous charmng experiences with American, United, Delta, Air Canada and others. It doesn't matter whose flag they're flying.

We are booked for April's TA. I had been waiting months for Norwegian to extend their schedule for LWG to BOS. The price for their Premium Class was much less than the big name airline's economy class. When they extended the schedule to April the also raised the fares a bit, but still much cheaper we decided that LGW to JFK would be better for us. They fly to JFK every day. BOS is only 4 days a week. We would have had to spend an extra day in London. Getting in on Saturday vs Sunday makes it easier for all concerned. Has anyone flown on Norwegian? Youtube vids show a nice Premium class. BTW, LGW to JFK is only $776 in their premium class.

Take a look at Iceland Air... the main airline of Iceland, with its hub in Reykjavík. ;)

Since the 1960s, Icelandair has offered passengers travelling on transatlantic flights between North America and Europe an opportunity to stopover in Iceland for up to seven days, at no additional cost. :D

It's a (usually) inexpensive way to add one more incredible "port" to a European or Transatlantic cruise! :cool:

Edited by teecee60