where to be on ship for sail-a-way?

mjwcruising

WE prefer being on an outside public deck for the beginning of sail away....more fun than sitting alone on your balcony, I think! It's not as if sail away is over in 2 mins....you'll have time to go where you want...if your 1st choice isn't what you want!

Are you on your cruise date roll call? You could mention a sail

away party to your cruise mates, and ask if they would like

to pick a spot at a select location to meet up with your cruise mates.

Me, I prefer to pop a bottle of bubbly on ice and enjoy sail away on our

balcony. It became our tradition many years ago. ;)

Edited by island lady

We will be sailing in less than 30 days. No one has organized a sail-a-way get-together. Being new to Grandeur I have no idea where the best spot would be to have one. Hopefully a bar. does anyone have any suggestions?

We ALWAYS watch our sail-away in the viking crown lounge. Drink in hand and a wonderful panoramic view;)

Many people like to be on deck - usually at the sail-away party. But, it is too windy and you don't get a view. And the weather doesn't always co-operate.

Enjoy!

We do not have a balcony.:( First time no balcony since our first cruise on Zenith back in 1997.

I am on the roll call. several people including me asked about a sail-a-way get-together but no has taken the initiative to organize one so I thought I'd pick a venue and announce it on the roll call. I'm sure some people will join us.

The sail-a-ways i've attended are usually held in a bar on the back on the ship near an upper deck but I don't see one on Grandeur.

I guess I'll go with the Viking Crown Lounge because it may be chilly and windy since it's Oct. 22nd. At least there is a bar there for those of us that have a beverage package.;)

We do not have a balcony.:( First time no balcony since our first cruise on Zenith back in 1997.

I am on the roll call. several people including me asked about a sail-a-way get-together but no has taken the initiative to organize one so I thought I'd pick a venue and announce it on the roll call. I'm sure some people will join us.

The sail-a-ways i've attended are usually held in a bar on the back on the ship near an upper deck but I don't see one on Grandeur.

I guess I'll go with the Viking Crown Lounge because it may be chilly and windy since it's Oct. 22nd. At least there is a bar there for those of us that have a beverage package.;)

That is indeed the exact way to do it!! Just announce the "sail away party" at

whatever venue you choose, and be there. If others join you, good for them,

if not....you will still enjoy your sail away....wherever you choose it to be! :)

I am usually the one that organizes a cabin crawl. Just once, we did not have

enough volunteer hosts to do the crawl...but the ones that we did end up doing...

you would not believe how many show up to follow along! ;) So, if no one

will organize something you want to join in on....start one up yourself! :D