Crown 110v or 240v

UK Cruiser2

Please be sure to bring a power adapter (not a surge protector) like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hi/6396124011/ref=sr_bs_1_6396124011_1 or https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-6-Outlet-Power-3-Foot-F9P609-03/dp/B002HHF1HG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474819683&sr=8-3&keywords=Belkin+6-Outlet+Power+Strip+with+3-Foot+Cord.

Due to the location of the on/off switch you can really only get one charger hooked up. There's a power outlet behind the TV (or so I've been told) that you could use to plug in the second strip listed above. I've found the 1st one listed above is pretty good for the outlets pictured.

Please be sure to bring a power adapter (not a surge protector) like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hi/6396124011/ref=sr_bs_1_6396124011_1 or https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-6-Outlet-Power-3-Foot-F9P609-03/dp/B002HHF1HG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474819683&sr=8-3&keywords=Belkin+6-Outlet+Power+Strip+with+3-Foot+Cord.

Due to the location of the on/off switch you can really only get one charger hooked up. There's a power outlet behind the TV (or so I've been told) that you could use to plug in the second strip listed above. I've found the 1st one listed above is pretty good for the outlets pictured.

Your first link took me to an Amazon page with a lot of items on,which one is it ?

I did but I thought that the links were to be for 2 totally different items to check out.:confused:

The first link is as you described, lots of stuff. Looks like any of those would work.

The second has a simple power strip with a circuit breaker.

Edited by SadieN

The first link is as you described, lots of stuff. Looks like any of those would work.

The second has a simple power strip with a circuit breaker.

The one that looks like a cube. It's also marked best seller.

The second one is just a power strip without a surge protector.

On Crown in 10 days time. Does anyone know if there is 240v power outlet or is it only 110v in the cabins ?

The bedside lamps plug into 220v outlets.

There are 2 outlets behind the bed (one for each lamp)

I have plugged this adapter (type E/F) into the outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17I1VW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...which hopefully give you an idea on the style of the outlet.

At the desk, and behind the TV, 110 only.

On Regal/Royal, there is both 110 and 220 at the desk.

The one that looks like a cube. It's also marked best seller.

The second one is just a power strip without a surge protector.

Regarding the first item I mentioned here's the direct link: https://www.amazon.com/GE-Grounded-3-Outlet-Tap-58368/dp/B001UE7SC8/ref=zg_bs_6396124011_1

I used one similar to this on a cruise - it worked out well.

Ok I just looked at it. I sead I never see a outlet with 240v.

So what your point.

Tony

I wasn't trying to make a point Tony,sorry if it came across that way. I only thought that maybe you weren't aware there was a 240v outlet there if at all there is.

I wasn't trying to make a point Tony,sorry if it came across that way. I only thought that maybe you weren't aware there was a 240v outlet there if at all there is.

The OP question was "Does anyone know if there is a 240v power outlets" and my answer was no I never did. I am Sorry if I misunderstood what you ment.

Tony

The OP question was "Does anyone know if there is a 240v power outlets" and my answer was no I never did. I am Sorry if I misunderstood what you ment.

Tony

I was the OP as here in the UK all of our power outlets are 240v and my wife had been asking if her 240v hairdryer would work in the cabin.

No problems,happy cruising :)

Edited by UK Cruiser2

I was the OP as here in the UK all of our power outlets are 240v and my wife had been asking if her 240v hairdryer would work in the cabin.

On Regal/Royal, no problem 220 outlet at the desk, which has

a mirror.

On grand-class ships, 220 outlet on the wall behind the bed.

I think this might be awkward, as there is no mirror, and

the cord might be short.

An outlet under the bed for the lamp on the nightstand. This is closest to the bathroom wall. I am not certain if the plug for the other lamp is readily available.

vsD00RTn2_lKzvYl8oJGJGre9URhi8uBNqIZKk6Pt-eayrV5PLwwyaVNwyhQ0CWdIkU0oBNvl8Fxyy5Vk-fNce_NQ7Xe46LM6Rol7YJ4w4gu7SIowFfJ0Sp46TymRXi7ccNvTnVFEA9pDr41e-h7MuU-TgxrWUJV-4jaYtFSU1ZofpegTqWPeLwMK4zvikmjM5jF_ia5gHaLqQcP4j7ku_tT_55Il949rCcyxRRe9DBQPCPGNf-UWfzDPiSa2J70hInOk_p75xhlohdERWV-C9UBzJgwnrKiEfMJInm6f02usTIZ-1oMbNVy1l2CbFRyW1YNVdQ6UU65d6Sh_bYu6S6-jypHvNbU9dfLJbBWq4l8HGaDl2FtM9Y1CNtIMJpgLcaFL4YVv3vtxS_BEgEeHXMY6dsEzdrPh4BS-eYABZK_-xd13sNrET3kC6ck3r6qsmzb4ITgviXUuW6rT9Y6As_orT_Ij4IAklIbcrfXDzGrsFJan_visCOBJxVJ1v3n1fAvmGtCUoCQJIwnHQ8g1CAEG45NxL5LX0urnF2vyAmePVC731pS68PSfsQZlGzl3GOXXYiEMWR8kcAkYXF754JbFGPtJVXhLPBZXYZ8KwK15h-J=w1194-h895-no

Thanks we'll try that plug. Our Non Surge Protected (Before I get flamed about surge protectors) power strip should reach that

Edited by UK Cruiser2

• 2 weeks later...

No problems,happy cruising :)

The hairdryer might be dual voltage. Many things are these days.